Sunday, October 29, 2017

Last Day-Pool Day!

Everyone loves capri suns!
 While beach conditions were still a little crazy windy, Bridge decided the boys would probably enjoy the pool a lot more than the beach, where they could actually get in and enjoy the water. The water was chilly--but the sun was shining the entire time, so it was a PERFECT day and I'm so glad we ended on such a high note!


I love Molly here. Those big purple goggles and she looks like she's floating like a kite. Ruth is the black blob in the water.


The boys were so great!
Soaking in the Florida sunshine. It's my fav thing too. Nothing beats the sun.

We had the pool to ourselves pretty much the entire time--it was a school day. Right at the end a dad and his daughter came and we headed out not long after, and they were super nice anyway and he saved Molly's life (I have to get that girl in swim lessons! She thinks she can jump in and swim like everyone else and she can, but she can't do laps yet!)...I mean, I was right there and watching and could have jumped in and saved her, but it was much more convenient that he just reached out his arm and grabbed her from where he was standing right there. Thanks, nice neighbor.

The boys went to take a nap so we got some extra Grandma and Aunt Jenny time all to ourselves. I think my kids swam--total swimming the entire time--for five hours straight this day. Which reminds me that yesterday was SO HARD to put my kids down, but it's been raining and raining so we haven't had any swimming or outside play to wear them out. It makes such a difference at bedtime!





This sweet baby is such a trooper. I didn't have a stroller or anything with me that day (the problem with traveling--I had been taking so much stuff back and forth from the airbnb I took everything out that I would normally keep in it) and so he took a nap in the laundry basket full of clean towels. And he didn't mind a bit. Which is why he wins best baby  ever award. Plus--look how adorable he is!!!



She's going to be such a great mom in just a few weeks!


Poor Sterling studying while the rest of us played.

Grandma Cindy made more Christmas pillowcases (it was a little rough last year when we realized one hadn't been made for Molly yet--but Grandma came through!!!) AND she made Halloween pillowcases so the kids were THRILLED.


Saying goodbye is so hard. We went home and slept at our house Monday night because I sent Ruthie to school the next day and I didn't want to have to wake my kids up at 6am to drive through rush hour traffic to get her there. And Sterling had Peds SHELF on Friday so he was studying like crazy anyway and games weren't really going to happen. It was sad to end it without one last game night, but we had a pretty great one on Sunday and they had to pack their stuff up to head out early anyway. So it worked out. But I just wished they had stayed more days! We missed them already! And leaving after such a great trip is so hard. I am so glad my kids know who their cousins and aunts are now and refer to them regularly and basically just so, so glad they took their time to come visit us! We love you guys! And come back soon! It really reminds me how important family is when you see how much your kids immediately love them and how sad they are to see them go (Ruth started crying the minute we walked into our house that she missed Grandma). Family is so important. Knowing who you are and where you come from is so important. And having that foundation and those links and those supports and that love to build your family on and for your kids to grow up with is just the best thing I can give them. I am so glad I have family members willing to go above and beyond to make sure those ties and bonds are formed and kept strong. It makes me all emotional just thinking about it. I love my family! And I am so grateful that Jenny and Bridge and mom came out and that they want those things for their kids too!

No comments: