Sunday, October 15, 2017

Funny Kids

This morning, heard at our breakfast table "Mom, why are you still wearing glasses? You look funny. I don't like it. " (and sorry to the nursery leader to whom the same three year old asked if she had a baby in her tummy...)
Also heard: a multiplicity of knock-knock and chicken-crossing-road jokes that all had fruit loop conclusions which was obvious cause for high hilarity. Those crazies.
And at church-somehow we went from me flying solo (Sterling had rotations) with four kids, to suddenly having a second calling and being sustained, to adding three more families to our bench. The mom behind me, also flying solo, laughed afterwards "I was trying to help but I think I just made things worse!" No--she just added to the fun! The kids were, amazingly great, and there's nothing quite like enjoying Sacrament Meeting with six or seven kids on your bench. 😂 OHHHH and she got Molly to go to nursery without tears (she's struggled since we moved here) so basically I bow down to her greatness!

 The plumber came to fix our garbage disposal and my three kids sat directly behind him (only scooted back upon coaching) and watched silently and intently for the entire twenty minutes he was installing a new one. At one point, in the middle of the silence, Will burps and says "Scuse me" and the plumber says "You're excused." and me over on the couch is trying not to bust out laughing. Also, mid-twenty minutes Molly had to go change out of her ballerina costume and into her Elena of Avalor nightgown, as is obviously more appropriate for viewing plumbing activities. 😂😂😂

That moment. After your husband went to clean up the Keys all day and you did the morning plus two hours without power alone and then church alone-which after sacrament was great thanks to my lovely ward members- and you made dinner and got everyone up to the table and you're starting to feel like you totally mastered today. That's the moment your son manages to drop his juice in just the right way that it pops up and sprays out just right to hit every single chair, surface, floor, and all three walls. Oh yeah, the day after my hubby so lovingly washed down the table and chairs individually for me because they were getting sticky. I love that boy. I love that boy. I swear I think I love that boy...

Molly:pitiful wail coming from the bathroom
Me:Molly what's wrong?
Molly:tome see-its sooo sad
Me:are you okay?
Molly:it's so sad. See?
*Mollys sitting on the sink peering into the mirror*
Molly:see that? See that sad thing on my cheek?
Me:it's just a scab Molly, you're ok.
Molly:I don't like. Det it off!
*more pitiful wailing while I secretly laugh my head off. *


I called my moms cell this morning and my dad answered. After a whole Princess Bride/Inigo Montoya interchange he said "well, your moms downstairs doing some sort of flexibility exercise so she can turn into a pretzel and poke me in my left eye"
😂😂 All righty dad-I'll just call back later.



The third day of school Will kept tugging on my arm as I signed him out because he wanted to show me something in the classroom. I was duly excited to see what he had. He walks up to this boy, jabs him in the arm, and says "I want this kid for a play date!"
Haahaa. So ....I just made a play date with a complete stranger---parenting definitely gets you out of your comfort zone!!

Molly just came down the stairs and threw open her arms and LOUDLY sings "OH WHAT IS A MOUSE? OH WHAT HAF HE GOT?" Maybe we've been watching a little too much Sing! around here?

 "Will what should we have for dinner?"
"Cereal."
"We had that for breakfast."
"Leftover pizza."
"We had that for lunch."
"Ummmm....Boogers!"
*Insane maniacal laughter*
"Hmmm...that's probably not that healthy."
"Ummmm....EYEBALLS!"
*insane maniacal laughter*
"Should we eat yours? Should we have Will Eyeballs?"
He can't even handle that...he falls off the bed laughing. Boys.

"Will how much do you love me?"
"One thousand."
me: "I love you one hundred thousand billion kajillion badrillion!"
*maniacal laughter that only Will can create*
Will: "Well I love you one thousand and ONE!"
*more maniacal laughter*

 Molly thinks the point of a joke is just the question. So she'll sit at the table and say "I've got one! I've got one! What do you call a fruit loop in your EAR?" and then laughs her head off. That's the end of it.


 

No comments: