Sunday, October 15, 2017

Random Photos

Cute boy chilling by the pool.
 I was trying to get everyone bathed after swimming as quickly as possible. So I sent Molly and Ruthie to the shower where I washed their hair and told them to get out soon. Then I headed over to Will, who I expected to be swimming around in the tub like usual. He had about four millimeters of water. I asked him why he wasn't taking his bath and he says "I just put in a tiny bit of nice, warm water for the baby so he can kick." MELT MY HEART! So Will hung out with Russ for a bit before adding more water for his own bath. Sweetest brothers!



 This was yesterday when we went swimming in the afternoon. In the morning, Sterling took the kids to a park because we were all going to go to the park. Then I had a crazy I-CAN'T-ANYMORE moment, realized I hadn't been kidless for over a month since we were at Kayli's, even then I always had the baby, and really--that wasn't the problem. The entire week Sterling had been gone from 4am until 8pm--and it hadn't been the greatest week for the mom around these parts. WHY? WHY do women have so many hormones? So we changed plans and Sterling took the kids by himself and we just didn't have family time on Saturday. But I had three blissful hours to myself. I did a whole bunch of cleaning. I really didn't care what I was doing, I just didn't want a thousand tiny people running around for TWO SECONDS so I could breathe. And it was glorious. I love my kids, but this was just what I needed. I just read in a parenting book that kids ages 3-4 ask on average 3 questions per minute of their parent/caregiver. Which means I get asked on average six things per minute, add some in for the six year old, and some crying for the baby. I do have to say Will now says "Mom, mom, mom, mom....EXCUSE ME?" very nicely.  Work in progress, but it is adorable.


All the kids looking at an I Spy book.
At a park earlier in the week.
He is soooooooooooo cute!


The excitement of pulling out the baby walker.

My kids are the cutest ever.

No comments: