Sunday, October 15, 2017

Weekend Fun Oct 7th

Since I solo parent a lot, I've instigated Friday Night Movie Night. Where Walmart pizza, or popcorn by itself, is dinner and then we watch a kids movie.
This was the first time daddy was home to join us! We rented The Good Dinosaur off amazon. Guys, weirdest movie ever!?! Also--some Halloween previews going on here---they are so excited they can barely handle it!

We went to a park called John Prince Park which is labeled on the big sign as a Mega Park. It's basically about five parks right next to each other in a row. The first one is a fairly regular nice park, slides, monkey bars, swings, jungle gym, rock wall,etc. Then you move directly into the splash pad. Which goes directly into the train park. And on to the one with sand. And on to the pirate ship. And ends in a little toddler area. It was pretty intense. At first when we got there it was just a regular park and I was pretty disappointed because 1) I had heard great things above and beyond normal park and 2) I had heard they had a splash pad and so I had dressed my kids accordingly and they were excited. I did a quick google search when all we found was one playground and realized its 736 acres set off a lake and so we kept driving until we found the Mega Park. AND GUYS! The lake is SOOOOO beautiful! You can canoe and kayak and fish...we want to ask our good friends Jeff and Diana if we can borrow their kayaks now and take it around. So cool.



The most beautiful thing about this lake is it was a sure-fire way to keep a breeze going. Which, in 90 degree temps, was the best feature of the park!

We came for the splash pad, but my kids would've played on the exciting playgrounds the entire time. We finally coaxed them over to the water for the last twenty minutes of being there!!

I Spy Molly!!!
We came home for lunch and Sterling headed out to work on his Capstone for his masters. So we went swimming. Because it is still hot and we had cleaned our house that morning so I wanted to keep it clean, haha.
Sterling knew he wouldn't be home for dinner the whole next week, so he came back after dinner and we headed out to a Drive-In movie theater we had passed coming home from the Mega Park. I had made him pull into it and asked the lady all about it (I felt just like my mom) and we found out they do it year round! It's $7  per adult, but Ruthie is our only child old enough to cost and she is only $2...so way cheaper for us than going to the real movies, plus we could bring whatever snacks we wanted!!!! The only kids movie they were playing that night was My Little Pony. I brought the WWII novel I was reading just in case...and read it just because I was super engrossed in it at the time..but Sterling said the movie was actually much better than he anticipated and the kids all said their favorite part was when the "bad pony turned good"! Haha. We opened all the windows in our van so we could get a breeze, and put down the back seat and Russ fell asleep on the drive over and stayed asleep in his car seat the entire time. Win!






This is all more pictures from the morning. Weird that they loaded this way.


































No comments: