Wednesday, June 5, 2019

Grace Blessing-Mother's Day!


THIS YEAR Sterling was the man. I mean, he's always the man. But he had to cater to THREE mom's. So, pressure much? Sterling made breakfast and the girls got roses. I opened my gifts (and cards and flowers for the grandma's!) that I bought for myself (we've learned a thing or two in almost ten years) and am so so thrilled with my chain for a necklace pendant I bought at a Utah farmer's market last summer, ha. And I got the letter R and G for another necklace I have with my kids' initials--so now I have all five! Then Sterling pulled through with some really cute things for my kitchen, namely a flowery pot that replaced one that Russell shattered not so long ago. Yay!

At church Grace was not very happy that I was at the organ and stayed that way through her blessing and afterwards. She did a soft cry through her entire blessing, haha. I have remembered distinctly from a blessing Sterling gave me before I had her in the hospital that she will be a great comfort to me in my old age. But in her actual blessing he talked about her being an abundance of kindness, love, and charity to those around her. I thought that was extremely sweet and lovely. 

I love these pictures so so much! Sometimes it seems like I have soooo many kids and here it looks like hardly any. Look at those adorable little kids!





Gorgeous dress handmade by my Aunt LaVerle who made my blessing dress. All of my girls have been blessed in this newer one that was made for Ruth first. 
I was trying and trying to just slow down and soak in the day. Grace did look gorgeous. And I did feel so much love for my family. But it also felt so BUSY! I just wanted everything to stop for a second and let me figure out how to get all the tiny pieces and memories to stay put and glue them there. After church Sterling made a delish dinner of roast and mashed potatoes and gravy and salad (okay, so mom made the salad. We TOLD her to get out of the kitchen!) and it really was delicious. If there is one thing Sterling does right, it is definitely a Sunday meal! Mmm! Thanks babe! 

Sterling took Cindy to the airport right after dinner which was so sad because it felt so quick! Because Sterling was studying and taking a test on Friday, and graduating on Saturday, it felt like no time at all. But we don't all fit in one vehicle and she had driven around with him to and from Miami so they did get some good conversation time. 

Honestly, I have no memory of what we did the rest of the afternoon and evening. I do remember thinking it was such a nice day though? And I felt so, so lucky that my mom was there to enjoy it with me! We love Grandma Rasmussen so much around these parts!!!!

I love being a mother. I love the craziness. I love the tiny toes. I love the hugs. I love the smiles. I love doing their hair and cutting their toe nails. It is rough. Every truly important thing in life is hard. Motherhood is the most important work a woman can do. Fatherhood, likewise, is the most important work of a man. And together--family is the most important part of our lives. I know this. And it is what inspires me to continue to pick my feet up and try to get up earlier and do better and make goals and give more and try again. Because motherhood is everything I've ever wanted and I don't want to waste it--but oh! I am so human and sometimes it feels like I am. I just hope my kids know how important they are to me--I love them! And I am thrilled that mom brought me the letters cut out by our friends' cricut to FINALLY get our family theme on our wall---Lift, love and look to God. We are all here lifting and loving each other. Especially in our own little families. Happy Mother's Day!

No comments: