Thursday, June 6, 2019

Will Kindergarten Graduation+ mom's visit

This great kid graduated from Kindergarten. Which is big-it's a full day here with no option of half day. We walked/scootered/biked every morning so that this kid could run off some energy before school and coming home from school. He has learned a ton (he learned to read! and do math!) and become great friends with other kids and enjoyed computers and recess and lunch and gym and he really likes science. Will loves to create-he is always asking to pull things out of the recycling to cut into things. When I tell him we're just going to color he turns out these crazy creations and says "I only used string and scissors! nothing else!" haha. 

This year he especially loves his blue owl, creating homes for his stuffed animals, his best friend Wally and his best girl friend Skyla. He loves Home Depot Saturday's and playing the computer games at the library. He is an awesome swimmer and bike rider. His favorite books are fact books--especially fact books about dragons and dinosaurs. Dragons and dinosaurs are his absolute favorite things and he knows a lot about them-he has several TRex renderings on his walls and they are pretty awesome. 

We love having Will in our family and it was so fun to take a morning to focus on him and his accomplishments and spend a few moments trying to catch and hold on to him as time continues to race by!


















Kindergarten teacher Mrs. Patel


It was really, really hot the couple of days mom was here post Sterling's graduation. I kept wanting to take mom places but it was just too hot.


Mom brought these letters for me via Sara Fifeld-a friend from North Dakota who is now in mom's stake, haha- so I could finish our family theme! Finally!


A really hot boardwalk. BUT we did see a MASSIVE four foot iguana, a lot of really huge birds-turkey vultures and herons and storks and moor hens and now I can't remember-, some little turtles and a really BIG turtle, some medium sized lizards and I'm sure more. There was a lot to see and my kids really enjoyed it. We did NOT see the crocodile.


The last afternoon after school, mom treated my kids to Monkey Joe's, a bounce house place. They LOVED it and have since added it to our summer bucket list because they want to go back so much. Russ was a little to scared for anything big, but they had a cute toddler area. And Ruth was climbing everything! Thank you so much Grandma, we love you!



Grandma let the kids have hot fudge pudding PLUS ice cream PLUS cream PLUS strawberries. Mmmmm.


The night before mom had to leave, Sterling was studying, so mom and I went on a date. I took her to a place where they have 50 kinds of burgers and since we had already eaten we got their deep fried mushrooms which I love a whole lot. Then we drove down to Atlantic Ave-the strip of Delray- and walked up and down. I showed her the arcade museum and we spent a long, long time in this adorable candy shop reading every single joke and laughing really hard. She bought these crazy long necklaces for my kids. And we bought some funny chocolate bars for my sister. It was really, really fun to spend that time with her! Love you mom!

Nothing sweeter than Grandma and Grandbaby. 






I realized we had basically zero pictures together from our trip (I had forgotten the ones we took at the beach) so I made her take these at the airport before I cried all the way home.).


1 comment:

Elena said...

Looks like a lot of fun!!!
Kami