Monday, April 27, 2009

Confusion

So I have a new calling, stake council member, president of the evening programs at the institute. Its pretty much going to take over my life fall semester, and hopefully by then I have it figured out enough to delegate everything out for spring semester! At least, thats the plan :). I felt like I was on top of things, until someone told me I was supposed to be ushering at the institute graduation last night...so I showed up, and lo and behold I was supposed to be there! Come to find out, we'd already had a meeting that I totally had missed hearing about---we still aren't quite sure how I missed the announcement, and at that meeting we heard about three subsequent meetings this week that I was still blissfully unaware of. Its ok though, I am now up to speed and I will be able to make all three meetings, and hopefully I'll know whats going on from now on!
After the graduation, we went to Cynthia's house for crepes. They were divine. I ate four. I probably could've eaten more. Haahaa. Not all the committee members were there---there's fifteen, and we had eight there. But I got to know those eight, and I'm getting more and more excited about this calling. Two of the boys just feed off of eachother and were absolutely hilarious all night long. And it was super nice to be somewhere, playing games and having a good time, where the main focus was actually getting to know eachother cause we have to serve together, rather than flirting with people. Not that flirting is bad...it was just a nice break.
Today I am going to be studying like crazy for ONE LAST FINAL--oral pathology, and then I will be done! Yeehaw! One thing I love about the beginning and end of semesters...there's always free food. FHE is having a barbeque tonight-come one, come all! :)

1 comment:

Kayli said...

You and I are so so different. I hear about all those meetings and want to go home and lay on the floor with my feet up, and I don't even have jobs and school to boot. You're amazing.