Wednesday, April 1, 2009

SO LUCKY exchange, 4-1-09




Today was the day that I was supposed to have a Class III pt. The above pics show healthy gingiva and bone versus gingiva and bone that have periodontal disease. Just in case you were wondering. I've been praying for the last three weeks that he would show up, that he would be a Class III, and life would be peachy. He did show up. Big sigh of relief there. He had some fun health history---do people normally make up conditions for themselves without dr.'s telling them so????----anyway, and he had a fun OD, a leukoplakic lesion, a callous on his upper palate due to his partial denture, just some fun stuff. Then, I started the full mouth probe. Quite a few 4's, a couple 5's........and that was it. My stomach hit rock bottom as I realized there was no way ANYONE would classify this pt as a Class III for me. I had told Instructor Hafen that I was looking for a Class III, when Shalyce got a Class III in her chair, and she was desperately looking for a Class II. So the instructor had my back, and we were able to do an even exchange, we just switched seats, patients, and mouths and started work!!!! The relief I felt was literally palpable. (oh wow....dh pun). SO, it was a little confusing walking out a pt I didn't walk in on the computer, and we had fun filling out two clinic assessment forms, since we had seen both patients, but it actually wasn't too hard to straighten out, and even though I only finished one quad, she is coming back in on Wednesday and I am SO INCREDIBLY HAPPY I think I could float through the rest of my life. :)

1 comment:

Brooke said...

I'm not sure whether I would rather look at your teeth pictures or the pictures of testicular torsion we saw at our noon conference today. Probably neither!

Doc