Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Life is Great

Why does she go to bed fantastically one night at 7pm, and the next night won't even fall asleep at almost NINE??? Ruff. I blame it on the babysitters. They played too hard and had such a fabulous time, that Ruthie fell asleep on the way home, which was WAY too late.

I was going to post a cutie pie picture with this post, but Sterling has the camera to transfer all of his rat-sacrificing pictures and videos for another kid at the library today. And he really calls it sacrificing. He says it is the correct term in research. Fabulous.


The following post is written mostly for myself, who is not currently up-to-date on Ruth's baby book and so I do not want to forget at what age she did what. Feel free to read, or not. But comments are always welcome.


Ruthie has been a BUSY girl this last month. I feel like month 8 takes the cake on mobile development, and foods she can eat. It seems like just last month she was mostly milk-fed, barely sitting up and certainly stationary, and an INFANT. Now, I feel like I have a baby-growing-toddler. And I want it all back. Please? Anyone object to turning back the clock? Now that thats settled.

Ruth likes bites of my cheese, she LOVES pushing gogurt into her mouth (I had a strange craving for gogurts the other night and bought some), she likes ANYTHING she can put in her mouth by herself: puffs, cheerios, baby crackers. She's started eating all these grown-up foods: slices of grapes, rice...whatever I happen to have on my plate that I think I can cut up and she can reasonably chew up with seven chompers...which brings us to her next big feat.

TEETH! It seemed like Ruth only had her two bottom teeth for FOREVER! Everyone (EVERYONE!) commented on how young she was to have teeth (3-4months) and how cute those tiny little bottom teeth were poking up out of her gums. Now she was a whomping seven...with the eighth one giving a mighty good try at poking through any time (it still might make the eighth month mark...we still have a week and a half). Her teeth grew in a funny pattern..bottom two teeth, top two teeth, and then one on top and bottom on the left side ONLY, and now she finally has one on the right side to somewhat even it out. She needs the top one on the right side now! She can bite and bite HARD, so watch out fingers!

Ruth still twirls her feet when she drinks from her bottle, or when she's in the car seat, or the stroller. It is pretty much the cutest little affectation I have ever seen. She still LOVES hair. Idolizes it, really. The other day I had my hair up, and pulled it down for some reason, and she looks up, her eyes start glittering, she makes an 'ah' sound, and reaches her hand towards it...and when she touches it she squeals with delight and flaps her arms and legs (true test of happiness right there).

And her BIGGEST milestone, she is crawling like a CHAMPION. Several of my friends said that when their baby learned to crawl, they were everywhere. Ruth learned to crawl, then slowly extended her point of view to a two-feet radius, and then continued to increase it. Now, I cannot clean the bathroom and set the garbage can in the hallway---not for a second. Haahaa.

I think her happy place is the seat in a store cart. She LOVES being there, she kicks her legs the entire time, she smiles at every person walking past, and she cranes her head around to look at where they go. That is also another favorite of mine--craning her head. As soon as something disappears around a corner that she can't see, or she can hear something but can't see it, she CRANES her head around until its touching her legs, or the ground, all the while grinning and looking oh-so-curious. Love that. She also loves the stroller, she pulls herself forward by grasping the tray in front of her and kicks her legs the entire ride. She likes to play peek-a-boo, and she loves to fake cough, then have you do it back to her, and back and forth and back and forth, etc. She also likes to bite toys and pull off parts of them...any pieces of hair, yarn, string, cardboard books, etc. get bitten off and wadded up in her mouth.

That's pretty much my Ruthie update! I love her SO SO much, and she is just the happiest, best baby ever! ( oh and I'd totally post a movie with this, but just so happens iMovie is WAY beyond me...so Sterling takes his last final tomorrow, and I'll put teaching me how to use it on my list of things for him to do haahaa)

No comments: