Thursday, April 19, 2012

Quick Note

I should've pulled out my camera today. I had a happy baby, a hard-working man, and a beautiful day at home (mostly home).

Sterling was wonderful enough to get up early so that I could have a quick soak in the tub sans baby. He then went to Lowe's (or some store like that) to get little suction hooks to hold our shower caddy onto the wall...Ruth is starting to pull everything on the side of the tub onto herself, so a caddy was my solution, only it didn't stay on our shower head because it is slanted. He also got a screw to keep the knob on our hot water in the tub. It has been coming off every time you turn it for the last FOREVER. He then helped me set up a cheap-o shelf I bought at Walmart the other day because I am so sick of his mcat study books and organic chemistry books and biochemistry books, etc, etc being all over my bedroom floor. But then we decided to put the new shelf out in the living room, and put our old living room shelf in our bedroom for the books. That led to moving furniture in the bedroom, which led to moving furniture from the baby's room into the bedroom (the idea there being that when we have ANOTHER baby, I will need to move the furniture out of the baby's room and into ours, so we can fit two babies in that room...not that that is happening anytime soon, but I wanted to make sure I used Sterling to the utmost capacity today...better to be prepared, even years in advance, right?) which then led to moving furniture in the baby's room. This THEN led to moving around all our stuff in the storage unit so that I could fit some odds and ends into it that have just been hanging out in the baby's room. Also, I made  a nice little spot right in front to fit the stroller...so no more lugging it up and down the stairs in and out of the apartment. I can just open the storage unit door and walah! there it is.

After all that hard work, Sterling watched Ruth while I ran into work for an hour, and then spent the beautiful afternoon hard at work mowing the lawn and weedwacking it-he gets paid for doing that around our apartment complex. On TOP of all of that, he watched Ruth tonight (took her on a stroller ride) so I could finish my last eight CE credits so I could renew my dental hygiene license for another two years. HE IS MR. INCREDIBLE! I LOVE YOU STERLING HAWS!

No comments: