Monday, April 23, 2012

Sunday and Monday

Sterling gave me THREE days to do with him WHATEVER I want(before he starts studying for the mcat and once again becomes nonexistent in my life). Monday was one of those. Sunday is always one of those. We have had some GOOD times. Sunday: park in Huntsville by Pineview Dam with Megan and family. Monday: first Waterfall Canyon Hike with baby in tow, then we came home and invited several neighbors outside and had a bbq, and then to top it all of OUR SWAMP COOLER GOT TURNED ON TODAY!!! and the peasants REJOICED!!!! (the landlord has to come take the cover off the roof. It is warmer much earlier this year than normal, so he is excused, but still...the last two days have been miserable, especially this afternoon)
I have to get EVERY LAST CRUMB of Aunt Megan's yummy cookie into my mouth! 
Posse of soccer players around Team Awesome Anders to inspect the wounds.

No I will not smile at you Aunt Lindsay, but I will scowl a little.

I'll take a camera with my cookie, please!

I should've taken a picture of Thunder, he was panting beside Ruthie the entire time. He endured countless hair pulls and hit-pats. One time she reached out and started stroking his tongue...and he just kept right on panting. I really love Thunder.

Handsome man

Marlowe came and initiated the soccer game, good thing we brought his good brain along.

You old men are spent ALREADY?

Starting out on Waterfall Canyon hike. Sunscreen, check. Second coat of sunscreen, check. Sunshade, check. Tinkly giraffe to play with, check and check. 

Yay! We made it to the waterfall! Lovely, cool mistiness.

Yay, this guy who hauled me up the mountain made it to the top too!

The waterfall was A.W.E.S.O.M.E. this year! SO much water, and SO much misty spray! (Plus, there was a HUGE mastiff named Bruce. It was the best naming job I have ever encountered. He came almost to my shoulder. He was awesome.)

Ogden.

She was SO happy the entire time, minus the several moments of agony when sunscreen was being reapplied. Definitely a hiker. We'll keep her.
On a different note, Friday night Danica babysat while we went out to dinner. I decided Ruthie is lucky enough to have a THIRD grandma. When we picked her up, she was conked out in her car seat, the juices of licorice all down her shirt and pants, tired from a day of ATVing and horse-back riding. Spoiled? More than a little. I hope we never have to move away from Aunt Megan!

No comments: