Friday, July 24, 2015

The Cabin!

The cabin is one of my very favorite things and I was SO SO SO glad we were able to fit it in. It gets a little crazy keeping my three little ones occupied, but it went pretty great!
Boys. So many boys. Marlowe, Jaxen, Kaleb, Will and Sterling. 
Ruthie and Will on the trail. Cutest little hikers ever. 
I also think the lake is one of the prettiest and most serene places ever. 

Ruthie got to 'walk' Monica's dog and she was pretty proud of herself. I am too, actually, that is a big dog!


My kids never want to smile.  

This is completely Marlowe.
Will also walked the dog, albeit not quite as competently, but he was just as proud! haha.



Sterling carried Will like this almost the entire hike home. He was SO tired, poor boy.

Haahaa. 
My favorite part! We even did a few songs after tinfoil dinners and s'mores. OH! AND! Mom had some bananas which meant I made banana boats and they were SOOOOO delicious!




Unfortunately, one of the twins got sick, and then my kids started getting sick, and we bagged the last day at the cabin to go home. And then we were supposed to go see the NEW baby twins, but since I had stayed up an ENTIRE night at the cabin listening to, and maybe freaking out a little bit over, Molly's breathing, we didn't get to see them one last time. I was so sad, but not sad enough to get preemie's sick, that's for sure! They still have runny noses (it's been a week!) although it's not affecting their breathing at all.

Oh yeah. Also on the last night Will fell and bonked his lip into the corner of the fireplace. It cut into his gum and bled pretty nicely, but healed up really quick. I have a photo on my phone of his bruised gum I'll have to upload. Poor little guy. 
Yay, everyone in a picture!
Grandma Cindy and Ruth and Will. Molly was sleeping in the van. Love this photo SOOO much though!!!
We had such a great time, even though it was cut short, and I am so glad we got to go! We relaxed, played a few games, and chatted. In years to come I hope there is a lot more game-playing, but unfortunately this year we were 'overwhelmed by underwhelmers' as my dad used to say. Someday. It was still such a great time. I am so glad we got to spend the time with everyone!

1 comment:

Bridget said...

Oh my goodness the picture of you and your kids by the lake made me laugh so much! Ruth and Will look so pained! Hahaha! I'm sad we missed you guys but I'm grateful you're watching out for our tiny dudes! I love you all!!! Swim party next year though!