Monday, June 26, 2017

Mom's Last Day :(

Mom took the kids on bike rides at least twice a day, often more. Ruth thought it was the VERY BEST thing ever and both her and Will got a lot faster and a lot more comfortable navigating around our new little neighborhood. It is so much easier than our last complex--the sidewalks are full size and there is a curb between the road and the sidewalk and not far away is a little pond with a black track all around it, which is where they headed to and went around each time. 
So this is our new pool. Smaller than our last one obviously, but very, very nice. Everything is extremely well kept and the chairs are super nice quality and you can't see it, but I'm underneath a big roof covering some picnic tables and chairs and there are bathrooms too. A perfect place.

 I thought mom and the kids would get LOTS of swimming in while she was here. Perfect Florida summer activity. But our key didn't work. And it took us half the week to get a new one. And then it was REALLY rainy (except the day we went to the beach, luckily) and in the afternoons I slept a lot (thank you for that, mom! I miss it!!!!). But on her very last day here we decided we'd check it out so I'd have a feel for it and know what to expect when I took the kids by myself the next time. It did rain, but luckily only for about 5-10 minutes and there wasn't any thunder/lightning, so they just kept swimming and mom said it was the FIRST time she's ever swam in the rain! 
She LOVES that Ariel little people doll. She carries it EVERYWHERE we go. Haha.

Ruthie acquired this new swimsuit while I was in the hospital and our awesome friends had my kids swimming in their pool. She's adorable.

Will throwing the football with Grandma. It was hilarious--she hit him full on the head TWICE. She was laughing, "I couldn't have done that by aiming if I TRIED."

In the background you can see Will flipping into the pool. He's really great at it now!

Haha-Will's legs!

Pool to themselves. 

Ruthie showed grandma how she can do a handstand.


Cutest little lady ever!



They thought it was awesome. I wish rain hitting water showed up better in pictures-it was cool!

Awww, isn't he just the SWEETEST most ADORABLY SOFT baby you ever saw!?!?!?!
And then Sterling took mom to the airport while I cried. And stayed home to nap, only I spent the entire time on the phone with our insurance. Which I had already spent three hours doing earlier in the week. I wasn't able to get Russ's newborn appointment scheduled in Delray, so I had to drive back to Miami to see our old pediatrician. Which worked out okay since I could do my OB appointment then too. But it was a long, horrible day of driving down there, sitting and waiting around for doctors all day with four kids. And still feeling like mom should be there to handle all of it for me. Oh well, starting July 1st we should be able to be seen in Palm Beach County (we had to change providers, our old one isn't used in this county I guess). 

I am SOOOO grateful that my mom could fly out for a week and help us finish unpacking and get settled. She fed us wonderful meals (namely her homemade bread which we all ate for dinner one night with butter because it was so delicious we didn't want to contaminate it with anything else...and Sterling told me to keep 'trying' so my bread could taste like hers someday...thanks?!?!)  and made my kids fall even more in love with her. She also fixed our vacuum, for which I will be forever grateful. Thanks mom, we love you so much! Now come back in a few months when we are recovered and can do a beach day every day!!!

1 comment:

Kami said...

So fun! And Russ is adorable!