Sunday, June 14, 2020

Father's Day (early-June 7th) !!!

We spent some time during the week creating this awesome banner-in hopes it would keep him company while we were gone! 

Playing the Haws Family Adventure Game before he leaves!


I made him a no bake chocolate cheesecake before I left and it was a smashing success!


We also had meat loaf, because he loves meat loaf.


In the morning we gave him three boxes of Golden Puffs and lots of handmade cards!
It was a lovely Father's Day. It felt weird because we knew we were flying out in the morning, so it felt like we should be really busy getting things done. But I had worked really hard on Saturday to make sure it was all finished so we could just enjoy Sunday. So we played some Wii. I took a nap while he played board games with the kids, and then took Russ on a walk so they could keep playing. We tried to just soak up the daddy time. He's such a great one!! I am glad that even though we won't be there, we got to celebrate early because we love him so! It's been really awesome actually to have so much time with him (well, a little more time) because of COVID, the babies especially have really latched onto him. I love it, but it also makes it so much harder when he isn't home! I have a feeling its going to be a rough transition in Utah to never see daddy for a long time. So thankful for FaceTime!


Also we saw this on instagram that day and I was seriously crying. Our good good friends from med school who---I mean you just have to know her, but they couldn't have kids and it was just the kind of people who really, really should have a million--they got a baby!!!!!!!!!!!! It was the best news ever!!!!! I still tear up just thinking about it! WE LOVE YOU BRENT AND JANESSA!!!! AND YOUR BABY BOY!!!!!



Russell and I on our walk that afternoon before we raced home because it rained on us.

The night before I made enchiladas so that Sterling would have some of his favorite leftovers.

No comments: