Sunday, June 7, 2020

RUSS TURNS THREE!!!! (and part 2 of May 2020) Plus the beach opens!

First thing in the morning!
We celebrated Russ's Birthday (June 9th) about three weeks early because his balance bike came and I was SOOOO excited to give it to him---plus I wanted him to have time to play with it before we left for Utah. He LOVED it!




Russ is a crazy almost-three year old. He is almost potty trained. He is incredibly happy (although he's getting some grumpy pants lately--I'm blaming dropping naps but still needing them sometimes) and hilarious. He is into EVERYTHING. I come into rooms and he's found the rice cooker in the kitchen and turned it on in the hallway, or he's done a million other things that only Russ could figure out how to do. He keeps me constantly on my toes and I literally don't feel like I can safely take my eyes off of him. He likes to read Sandra Boynton books, thanks to his birthday present. He goes to sleep each night with his Woof Woof. Only *very* recently have we stopped putting him to sleep locked in a carseat and then moving him into the bed. And it's been rough, but we're all adjusting. He HATES having his teeth brushed, but just had his first dental appointment and was ALL smiles--so go figure. He LOVES to ride bikes, he scooters like a MANIAC, loves all things cars and bikes and balls. He loves PJ Masks and Mickey Mouse Roadster Racer on tv. He still uses basically onomatopoeia to communicate-but his sound effects are incredible, you can tell exactly what he wants. He will make a door unlocking sound to tell you he wants something out of his room, or a up-up-up sound to tell you he wants you to grab something from up high. Before taking off on his scooter he always revs it up by making a "vroom vroom" deep throated rev sound before kicking off. He eats and eats and loves pancakes and rice and just about everything. We love him so so much!










Ruthie wearing a mask!

THE BEACH OPENED AND WE ARE THRILLED!!!!!!

The first day we went the water was this clear and I could not stop taking pictures.

Apparently, our beach bag decided it had been TOO LONG since we had headed to the beach. I keep all the toys inside and never take them out. I also keep sunscreen, a couple diapers, and bag of wipes in the front. Well, the front pocket zipper had corroded shut. And no amount of pulling and pulling would do it for me. So I flagged down the police on 4 wheelers that were patrolling the beach to make sure everyone was practicing social distancing and all of the restrictions (we were supposed to be moving, not sunbathing, no parties over ten people, no setting up chairs or umbrellas that would promote big groups, etc.) and he cut open the front pocket for me because I hadn't brought any other sunscreen and it was a HOT day and I could literally see Russ's ears burning. Thank you police officer!!!

Molly chilling. It was SUCH a calm and clear and beautiful day!



The kids were in heaven. It was like they realized the captivity they'd been held in and they just ran and ran and ran and ran. We were so exhausted that night, but SO happy!












This is the beginning of the photos from Beach Day 2. We came back the very next day and I took a whole lot more photos because it was still AMAZING weather and INCREDIBLE water. But now it all looks the same, haha.








We live in heaven.













No comments: