Tuesday, June 2, 2020

March 2020-Spring Break and the beginning of COVID lockdown




This is so blurry but I love it so much.





She loves this soft blanket so so much.
Pool Day! I think these were actually taken the last day of school. Everything started officially shutting down for COVID the Monday following this. But it was Friday, and the next week was our Spring Break-so nothing was official for another week for us.




Ahhh, back when I thought "this is fine, no school, swim all day, We'll be fine." .....And then they shut down our pool. Sigh.


Climbing trees on a Sunday walk with dad. The kids were VERY proud of climbing it. I remember there being a lot of bugs and it was really humid....so I guess we live in Florida or something. :)





My parents had planned on being here for Spring Break--we had been looking forward to it for months. In the absence of them I thought "I have to figure out how to entertain them for a week" HAHAAHAHA if only I knew it would be TEN WEEKS of similar thinking!!!! But in the beginning, I purchased this watercolor class for them to take and they did most afternoons while the baby napped. It was actually really great and they loved it.

I promise Will really did love it. 

This is also the first time I was introduced to the computer game Prodigy. Will and Ruth LOVE it and in the coming weeks it became much more prominent in our lives haha.


More watercolors.
I can't quite remember, but I am pretty positive our pool stayed open that entire week of Spring Break. And we hit it up three or four more times. Usually with friends. And it wasn't until the next week that they announced school closures that our pool also closed. 








More watercolor! Haha watercolor and the pool seems to be the theme of Spring Break.

Watching a movie.

Chalk!

The day before official "lockdown" I remember our neighbor coming over and playing with us in buckets and me sitting with our neighbor Megan and talking about school closures and what we expected, and we both ordered kiddie pools online because we were worried about how to possibly let our kids PLAY in duplexes with no yard and no pool and no playground (all the reasons we love our community usually) and melting hot conditions. Oh how naive we were ten weeks ago! Haha.






My kids are so big these days.










Came and found this one evening! So lucky I checked before going to bed!!!! HAAHAHAHAAA
Sometimes, with this exhausting boy, as much as I hate it, I give myself a moment by handing him a tablet. We live in the weirdest age of technology. But also--we don't have a yard.

During Spring Break we also made play dough! Three colors!

I remember when we made this we couldn't find flour in any stores and people were really worried about it. But luckily, we had just revamped our food storage a couple weeks before and we had a ton. Enough I was willing to use nine cups on playdough--which they played with for another two months, so it was a win!


Puzzles


HAHAAHAA

We had SO many lost teeth during COVID lockdown. Molly started it all!



Russ HAHA


No comments: