Sunday, June 7, 2020

May Part 1, 2020 (AND MOTHER'S DAY!!!)


it makes me think of one of my fav artist and his painting "Gerome Spent His Free Time Daydreaming of Being a Snake"
Can you spot the difference? I ordered these lightweight shorts for cheap off amazon because we're already dying in the heat over on this side of the world. But they were super baggy and so I tailored them. Can you tell the difference between the two legs?





Those rolls turned out sooooo good.

School mornings. In retrospect, looking back at our ten weeks of online school---it was SO ROUGH. I'm so glad its over hahaha.





Instagram hairstyles.



His teacher sent a flat "ms. Cannady" to take pictures of what they were doing at home. LOTS OF BIKE RIDES---we started going on a bike ride every single afternoon when Grace woke up from her nap.

Another tooth down during quarantine!











New shoes when we pulled out the bins for the next size up clothes!

New dress that was handed down to us from kami, but when I posted this on our family WhatsApp, apparently it's all the way from Olivia, the oldest grandchild!!!



Daddy sending us Marco Polos because we hadn't seen him in days.



Chalk plus water equals paint!





For Mother's Day I wanted to walk along the beach, even though I knew they were all shut down for swimming. Unfortunately, we were misinformed and even the boardwalk was closed. So we walked along the streets and glimpsed the beach at the end of each block, haha. Beautiful day though! I'm trying to forget about the throw up (Russ got car sick, our new van seems to have that affect on him and Ruth) and the poo blow-out that we had to clean up due to this mis-outing. Sigh. I did get an hour and half in the van to just chat with Sterling while the kids watched a movie, and that was fun. I told him all about this book I had just read---on and on and on. It was obvious I had not had anyone to talk to in awhile! Ha!







Ice cream cones for Mother's Day!

I had my niece, Hazel, watercolor the original Ogden Temple for me (before it was remodeled) because I feel like that is 'my' temple and I LOVE how it turned out SO MUCH!
The bundt cake they made me for Mother's Day! So cute!







Ice cream bars to beat the heat.

Post nap pulled out pig tails and that finger! LOVE!


Somehow my bed got taken over this morning. And WHY does Russ know where we charge the tablets?!?!? Way too much technology around these parts since online school started---way too much screen time!

Picnic.

Another night I got out for a run and the tree canopy was AMAZING.



No comments: