Friday, December 5, 2008

Joyous Night Of Hilarity

Last night was crazy. I was crazy, people were crazy, and the coincidences were crazy. I took a final, had been studying all day, and decided that there was no way I was going to take a test and go right back to studying for my next test. (we'll see how that theory pans out when I have to take the next test today....cross your fingers!) and so, I called up my good friend Chantelle, and we headed to Provo--where I had told Aleesha I was coming, but I came earlier, and with Chantelle, so there was much rejoicing. We spent a good portion of the night trying to convince Aleesha to study and take a quiz that we were interupting. Chantelle and I spent a portion of that time on two bikes in the kitchen and I tried to whip up some pasta roni while balancing on a stationary bicycle. Let me tell ya, between laughing my head off until I was crying, and trying to balance on a stationary bike....there were some great moments. After that, we tried to pull ourselves together a little bit, and I wanted Aleesha to take a picture of me---a good one--which is pretty hard to do, I'm not very photogenic. So she starts. And for some reason I pick up a roll of paper towels and pose with them. That started us all off again. There are some crazy pictures. There were several almost-choking incidents because of the high rate of laughter. Haahaa. One of those nights where absolutely common-place actions and words just makes you laugh uncontrollably. Could've been the fact that I'd had four hours of sleep the night before---hey, its finals week! And I kept saying things backwards, and I can't think of any of the phrases right now, but I'd say something all wrong and they'd all start laughing again. Such good time.
We finally got in control and decided to go down to the lounge and play on the piano, and I was finishing my last bite, when my phone rang. It was an unknown number, but someone in the GIA committee had called me earlier and the number was unfamiliar, so I answered anyway. "Is this Lindsay Rasmussen?" "Yes" "Is this THE Lindsay Rasmussen?" "I suppose so." "This is Sister Richardson." "ALEESHA! IT"S SISTER RICHARDSON!" Then Aleesha screams "WHAT??!?!!!" and grabs the phone from my fingers. Now Aleesha and I have been friends since junior high, and then we both moved away for high school, and now we hang out but go to different universities. But clear back when in junior high, our young woman president was Sister Richardson. And we loved her. This was a most unexpected call.
Come to find out, she has two nephews in Provo that need a ride to Ogden---and she didn't dream in a million years that I was actually in Provo....on a random Thursday night...and WITH ALEESHA!!!!! There were way, way, WAY too many coincidences there. So...she gave us the number and we call up her RM nephew and tell him that she called us and we were heading back to Ogden and where to meet him. Crazily enough---he was about a block down the street at the time. So we pick up Spencer, and then Sis. Richardson calls me and I tell her that we picked him up and we were a little past Orem. Apparently, Spencer didn't even call and ask her or anything about who we were---he just believed we knew what we were talking about when we picked him up, and got in the car! Sis. Richardson thought that was pretty funny.
So we drop Chantelle off, and then I drop him off and go inside to chat with Sister Richardon. About an hour later, a much-tired Lindsay heads home. What a CRAZY night!?!!!
PS This morning I showered in the dark cause the light was too much for my eyes.

5 comments:

The Nevilles would like to say... said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
The Nevilles would like to say... said...

P.S well shes probaly not YOUR cosin but shes some ones cousin

The Nevilles would like to say... said...

Can you please delete my last two comments I didn't know I wasn't suposed to not give my password

Kami said...

I remember that fondly, during finals week the most and best parties, movie watching, ect. always took place. Hee. Hee.

Aleesha Burke said...

It was a wonderful surprise! Thanks Lindsay!