Thursday, February 10, 2011

One Year (a day early because tomorrow's going to be busy)

I really can't believe it's been an entire year! Time flies by so incredibly fast!
Here's some pics starting with (over a year ago, obviously) when we were dating:

I love Sterling because: he can sing like an angel. He recorded a song last week (really recorded) that he wrote for me while we were dating. Kinda. I didn't know we were dating. The song really threw me off. Now I love it.


And then we got engaged:
And I love Sterling because he always does cute little things for me, like yesterday when he got up, went to the gym, bought me a doughnut, and woke me up with a kiss...I really wasn't sleeping in that late, he just randomly decides to get up at 5am.


And then we got married. Exactly one year ago today:
Two lives, two hearts joined together in friendship united forever in love.
I love Sterling because he always makes me laugh. The other night I was annoyed by something he did, and determined to stay mad at him, and within about two seconds I was laughing so hard I couldn't stop...and I felt like I was in second grade again, when you get the giggles and it just becomes this never-ending urge to laugh.

"Absence sharpens love, presence strengthens it."
I love Sterling because he always puts me to bed, even when he's not going to bed yet cause he has to study. He'll come tuck me in, and kiss me, say prayers with me, etc. And he'll even sing me a song if I beg him.

I love Sterling because he's always really, really excited. About everything. (just ask Eric and Britney!!! haaahaa) He gets excited about little things, and it makes the day more fun because he's excited about it.

I graduated from college! :
I love how much Sterling loves the gospel. I told him when we were dating that I didn't always want to be the 'mean mom' that had to call everyone to FHE, and he's really good about it even now. He always is one step ahead of me in making sure we're doing the best we can spiritually for our little family.

We spent a week at Zions National Park:
I love Sterling's concern for me. Whether I'm pretending to act pouty to get his attention (and he knows it) or I really have an issue I want to talk to him about, he's always so tender and caring and loving towards me.

We went to Idaho to meet his mom, and spent a day at Yellowstone:
I love how hard Sterling works. He studies really hard in school because he knows that it is what will get him what he wants, but especially the life for our family that we want. He also works and finds time for me. And he cleans the bathroom for me WHENEVER I ask him to.

We hiked all OVER the Wasatch Front:
In a year of marriage, I have learned that Sterling is really forgetful. But I love that he is always fine with me reminding him and always willing to admit that he forgot something, so its never a problem. It's especially ok, because Sterling is one of the most patient people I have ever met, and that makes up for a little forgetfulness.

I learned Sterling can sleep ANYWHERE:
I also LOVE how excited Sterling is for our little baby! It is so much fun to know that he is just as excited as me!
And just because, this is me at 14 weeks:
Summed up, SO MUCH has happened in a year! Graduations, jobs, pregnancy, callings, school, etc. But I am still VERY VERY happy to be married to Sterling and it has been a FABULOUS year! I love him so much and am so grateful for all the hard work he does for me! There's lots of things I could think of that I love him for, and some days I just love him because he loves me...especially on days when I'm not being very loveable.

Other one year marks:
We have never bought trash bags because we got so many at my bridal shower.
We have also never bought bathroom cleaner because we got so many at my bridal shower.
We have ALSO never bought laundry detergent...for the same reason.
YAY for great gifts!
We have also never slept apart. Not once in an entire year! I'm not looking forward for when that night actually comes.
(also, while reviewing this post, I realized how much I don't wear my own clothes: first picture, thanks Amy for the hoodie! second picture: thanks Kayli for the hoodie! and graduation picture: thanks mom for the dress!!!! Haahaaa!!!)

1 comment:

Kayli said...

Ha ha!! I was totally going to mention something about the awesome hoodie you were wearing... and then YOU did!!!!!!!
But now I want Amy's hoodie.