Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Update

I really should post the awesome picture of us on my birthday, while celebrating my birthday/our anniversary...but that would require getting up. And since I am happily cocooned in slippers, a hoodie, and a quilt, I don't think I'll post pictures tonight. Especially because our house is freezing. Pretty sure our furnace is broken. Sad. It's been making really strange noises for the last few days, and I guess just hoping it would go away didn't work. I'll call our landlord in the morning. And turn our oven on.

Synopsis of our AWESOME February 19th. STERLING BOUGHT ME A FREEZER!!!! After months of telling me what a lame anniversary/birthday present a freezer was, and the fact that we don't have room for it in our apartment....he went around to every store and found the best President's Day Sale! And not only did we fit it in our apartment, we fit it in our kitchen (for those of you who know our kitchen, you can be suitably impressed). It looks beautiful. Tomorrow I will make bread, and store three of my four loaves in our brand-new freezer!

So the morning started out fabulous, then we went to the Draper Temple. I forget that not all temples are work-horse temples like Ogden, and you can't just jump in every twenty minutes. So we had to wait forty minutes for a session to start. But it was really beautiful.

Then we went....drum roll....to The Melting Pot. If you haven't been, you should go. But if you're poor and in school, save your money to go once a year-like on your anniversary--because it's that expensive. But oh so worth it. We got all four courses. I still dream about the cheese and the dessert. Oh happiness. Details? Lets just say everything you could imagine. For the meat alone you had a platter of NY strip steak, shrimp, the meat that has bacon around it and I always forge the name, lamb, duck, chicken, etc., etc., etc. It was fun even just to sit there and stick your own picks into your fondue pot sitting on your table! Neat experience.

And lastly (and barely...because we forgot our tickets, but they had them for us anyway) we went to the Hale Center Theatre and watched A Tale of Two Cities, which is a musical thats just off of broadway, and it was INCREDIBLE! The likes of which cannot be explained on a mere blog. I bawled through the entire second act. But I didn't feel too bad because you could see every single woman across the stage from me(its a circular stage) crying too. The characters were PERFECT the voices were absolutely fantastic, the set was incredible. Enough can not be said of this show. Worth the money. But good thing we paid for it back in January, so all of those days activities were not coming from the same budget!


1 comment:

Heather and Jake said...

I forget our birthdays are pretty close together! Sounds like you had a great birthday!