Sunday, September 16, 2012

18 weeks


 I'm posting these pictures for my wonderful sister Kayli, who lives in Switzerland, and is due six DAYS before me!! (She keeps saying our kids will be born WAY apart because she'll go early...but we'll see. We have no idea what I'll do because I was induced with Ruthie because she was breech.) Kayli thinks she's looking super pregnant already. I HIGHLY doubt that since she is tinier than me and three inches taller.


 At 18 weeks I'm feeling really good. At our new place we have a tub, and I have IMMENSELY enjoyed that with this little boy. He's already kicking like crazy, enough that Sterling can feel it too, which is tons of fun. My co-workers said I was craving chocolate last week...but lets face it, I crave chocolate on a regular basis even when I am not pregnant, so I'm not sure that is anything of note. I'm still hungry ALL THE TIME, but I've found that a bowl of cereal between meals is a great addition to my diet. Also, if I eat another little meal before I go to bed, I feel great in the morning too. So really, not too much exciting. Which is good, I'd rather everything be simple and easy!


This is me at 19 weeks with Ruthie. I choose to think that it is the horizontal stripes and skirt that make me look bigger already with this Little Boy Blue. Ruff.


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's only because you have a tight shirt over a knit skirt and with Ruthie you have two shirts over blue jeans!!
You a still a skinny - minny.
Mom

Carlie said...

you're so cute with your little prego belly! Don't worry, second babies always show sooner than first because you are already a bit stretched out. Keep the update pics coming!

Kayli said...

AND, when you're on your sixth, they show a lot sooner than your first too. ;)

Thanks for posting these pictures!!! I really wanted to see your belly AND your haircut again! I actually have a couple pictures of me from yesterday, but they're a bit fuzzy I think, and I'm not in the 'this is my pregnant belly' pose, but anyway, they're something. Maybe someday if I ever do my hair I will take an ACTUAL baby bump picture. But that's unlikely. Do you think I don't know how to do hair anymore because I haven't for so long that I have lost the skill? Or is it that I never had the skill to begin with, but at least before I occasionally tried and so sometimes got lucky by accident? hmmm.

You should also take pictures of your house. There is an apartment in one of the farm houses really close to us available for rent-- wouldn't it be funny if we moved barely around the corner to the farm?

Anyway, I also love your new header! So cute! It kindof makes me want to play around with my header. And Jethro said that Ruth looks a bit like a mixture of Hazel and Ethne. (Looks like Hazel, hair like Ethne.) She is way cute.

Finally, the end.

Anonymous said...

You look so cute! Ruthie is getting way too big... We need to play again! Soon! Call me, k?

The Haws Family said...

Kayli, I followed a tutorial last night to learn how to make a header. I wanted a fall-ish look to my blog, but that didn't really happen. But I thought it was a pretty decent first attempt! (especially because I did it while watching a tv show that I picked, and Sterling was annoyed that I was trying to do something AND watch, because if it was MY pick, apparently I needed to be more focused.) Also, on the hair: today I woke up ten minutes before I had to leave for work, not on purpose, and since I used hair spray for church yesterday, I didn't even touch it, just left the house. Glorious. And someday, when I get my house clean, I will take pictures of it for you. I am also really excited for you to visit. That's all.