Friday, September 7, 2012

Bluejeans

I was unpacking our bedroom yesterday, our last room to unpack, and couldn't find my jeans. I've looked for them before in the past two days, but figured they would turn up when I unpacked the bedroom. They are the only jeans I have in that size. The only pair that fit me right now. The pair that says "even though you are starting to look pudgy and people just think you're fat and not pregnant yet, you still look cute". The only pair like that I have. I looked everywhere. Then it dawned on me. I had stuck them in the washing machine, and then the dryer, the night before we moved...because I wanted to be able to wear the one pair of jeans that I feel good in right now. And guess what? We had our final run-through with our landlord the previous day, handed back our key, and no longer had access to our old apartment. Sterling called them and they are on vacation until the end of this month. So I can't get my jeans back til then.

I cried.

And then I cried some more.

And then I went to Gap's big clearance sale, and almost cried again because all their jeans fit funny. (Go figure, I'm only 17 weeks pregnant.) Then I bought five shirts on sale for 7 bucks in a size bigger than my normal size so I can wear them all fall and a pair of jeans for Sterling (the exact same as my favorite ones he already has) for 8.99. Then I felt a little bit better.

1 comment:

Lynn said...

Ack. My son feels your pain. He left an entire load of jeans in the dryer when he moved at the end of summer to go to college. ; (

At least his landlord is more readily available to contact .....although it may take her a month to get there, as well. {That would be me.} ; )

Nice deals you found though!