Monday, September 17, 2012

All About Ruth

Umm...cheeser??? Ruth has definitely found her 'cheese' face, and it is hilarious!
 Ruth is into everything these days. She likes cheese, yogurt, bananas, and potatoes best. She just got her first molar, the canine above it is also coming in, and she can say hi, uh-oh, mom, daddy, and baby. She LOVES walking up to people at church and saying "HI" with a really big smile, and then watching them curiously to see what they will give her. Today she scored a sticker from one guy, three princess dolls from a nice lady, and a bracelet from a lady clear across the chapel (this was during sunday school, I don't let her walk around during sacrament meeting). She likes to say 'Mmmm' really loud after pretty much every bite, and since she never really used a sippy cup, she doesn't understand them very well, but drinks from a cup like a CHAMP. She also charms everyone at church because of her red hair. Seriously, I can't get over how much people --especially the older people--just adore her red hair. They love it. Her hair, by the way, is crazy. Today I found a burr stuck in it. Crazy? Yeah. Ruth has also become much more loving lately. She'll come up and give kisses and hugs, and lay her head on your lap and smile all the time. She never used to do that, and she used to squirm whenever you tried to hug her. She is also in love with babies. The lady across the aisle from us in church today had a brand new baby, and Ruth walked over there every few minutes to gaze at him and *softly* stroke him...hence the newly acquired word, 'baby'.  I was thinking about other stuff I wanted to say, but I can't remember it right now.

Sterling came to help me get her to smile, but then she was a little distracted. First, happy to see dad and wanting to be held, then a little disconcerted by his scary noises, and then really happy to be attacked-in-air by him. I love it when they play together.
Hey dad!

Hey dad hold me!

What are you playing, dad?

I do NOT like these scary sound effects, dad!

Okay, that was funny dad!


This is a picture of me at the exact same age(my baby book says 14 months and Ruth is almost there), and with the same hair style as the picture of Ruth! I just thought that was kinda fun. Too bad Ruth is looking UP at Sterling in her pictures instead of straight ahead so it was a better comparison(mostly cause her eyes are scrinched, but if you look at the above picture, her eyes look more like mine). I actually got out my scrapbook to see if there was a picture of me in the same dress Ruth is wearing, since it was once mine, or several of my sisters, but I don't have a picture of it. Too bad.

I spent an evening with Devaney and Ruth at the park while Danica was at soccer practice. It was fun, except it was long, and I was STARVING, so we had to make a Wendy's run mid-practice.


Ruth has also started doing this fake grin, which is kinda funny.

Ruth at grandma's house trying to avoid the cat.

She's watching to make sure the cat isn't following her.

No comments: