Thursday, September 13, 2012

List o' Goodness

Busy and good all rolled into one = today.

1. Up at five to teach piano lessons to my sister's little munchkins. I just can't get enough of her 8 yr old right now, she is at that stage where she just wants to please-at least in the piano playing department-and she is super cute about it. Also she has red boots. I am jealous. My other niece got her ears pierced and proudly told me that I  "was the first to know outside of the people living in her house." I feel so privileged, haha! Plus, I snagged a wheat pancake from the stack my sister made, and they are my favorite. Two breakfasts are definitely the norm lately.

2. I ran into work for two hours this morning to help finish some of the paper work (we are going paperless and since its been a slow process I am trying to speed the hygiene end of things up). It made me VERY VERY VERY grateful that I work on people's teeth, not talk to them on the phone. People want to know all about their bills and all sorts of ornery things. I'd rather not stare at a computer screen and talk on the phone to people all day. So glad that I clean their teeth and don't have to listen to anything about their finances.

3. Finally got baby locks for the cabinets under our kitchen sink. So nice to be able to let Ruth rummage through any cupboards she wants now, and not worry about her and the cleaners.

4. I cleaned my kitchen. It always feels SOOOO good. But then I feel like a monster trying to not let Ruth do anything to ruin it. And then I think that that is a bad mother. So maybe I should never clean my kitchen. But then I wouldn't feel so good. Conundrums.

5. I also made dinner. Hashbrown casserole. An oldie but a goodie, and it sure tasted good to me tonight! Ruth ate so much I thought it was going to start exploding out of her--she has really started eating these days. Which brings me to another happy note...

6. Ruth has a molar!!!! She has had a runny nose, and been slobbering like CRAZY lately, not to mention much more fussy and waking up at night sometimes. The molar on her left side is poking through the gum tissue. I just hope the other ones aren't far behind so we don't have to keep going through this process.

7 and 8. Sterling came home with the happy news that he got a 95% on his first test of the semester, and that he found a job as a work study in the Registrar's office on campus! He's been looking for a job, mostly I think because he is kinda tuckered out from being a CNA for the last two years. Also, he thought that if he could find one on campus we would have less juggling with our one vehicle. This one works out perfectly, is the perfect amount of hours, they work around HIS school schedule, he'll be home EVERY SINGLE WEEKEND, and he can study while he's working!!! Fabulous. Just in time too, because I was ready to tell him to start picking up the CNA hours :).

9. We celebrated by going to buy 20 pounds of chicken breasts on sale that we had heard about--to freeze in our chest freezer---only to find out that it is a regional sale. Logan only. I called my wonderful sis-in-law Lindsay Ann, and she said she might be able to grab us some tonight. If not, I'll be there tomorrow because my mom called me up and said APPLES ARE READY!!!! I LOVE bottled applesauce, and have been wishing for a long time now that I bottled more last time. This time I'm making double. MmmMmm. A day at mom's and a day with applesauce. Tomorrow could not look better.

10. To drown our misery over not being able to purchase the chicken tonight, we stopped at Zeppe's. Sterling has never been. I used to go almost every Monday night after our Single's Ward FHE with a bunch of people. It's a frozen custard/Italian ice place and it is the BEST I have had. Sterling agreed, he LOVED it, and thought it was a good way to end our day. Next time though, he knows to go with the one dollar kid size, like me. The small did him in. Haha.

To top off the entire list, I'm getting another one of these (a boy one) soon! His kicks are getting bigger and bigger!  Awww...wasn't Ruthie the prettiest baby girl ever?!?!


And that concludes my list of wonderful things that happened today. Hope your day was great as well!

No comments: