Thursday, September 27, 2012

a bit o' random

- Last night I went to a WSU meeting where several DO schools had representatives there to talk about differences between MD and DO. They said families were invited, and Sterling wanted me to come. BLAST FROM THE PAST I saw this kid that I kinda had a crush on in high school. He said hi, and that my baby was cute, and his wife was expecting in February. I said that was neat, cause I was expecting in February. And then I found out that she's in the dental hygiene program. And that he and Sterling will be applying to medical school at the same time. It was just somewhat odd to meet up with an almost complete stranger who is living the same life!!!!! (although I am SO SO SO happy I was not having a baby and in dental hygiene at the same time as well as having my husband studying for the mcat :) )

-This morning I was teaching my four nieces and nephews piano lessons, but I was also supposed to be babysitting. Somehow no one realized that my nephew Anders was not awake. With three minutes til the bus came I woke him up, got him dressed, made him brush his teeth, and handed him 2 fruit snacks and a baggie of Honey Bunches of Oats as he walked out the door. And made the bus. Haahaa.

-I really love fall. I really love this baby's second trimester. Not last pregnancy, because I was gypped and still had morning sickness the entire time. But right now is so much fun! I feel the baby kick all the time and I feel great. The beautiful leaves just add to the all-around feeling of goodness.

-Yesterday my boss closeted me in his office and made me tell him what I thought of a new employee. It was hard, because I don't think much of this person. He said he'd rather know that now, then after 8 months of struggling. Then, when I explained some of the things I had noticed this person doing he said "Some things ---like mobility---can be taught, other things just can't be taught." I just about died, because I have NO IDEA why I seem to forget to do mobility on my patients pretty much 50% of the time. Grrr. I really do try dr.!!! I promise!!! Haahaa, it was pretty funny though. (Mobility is checking to see if a person's teeth move. We never really did it in school because really, how often do you see that? And I never had to do it at regular general dentist offices for the same reason. But its pretty important at a perio office because sometimes its the deciding factor on whether or not he'll try to save a tooth. Its easy to check really fast if I forget to do it, but I should remember. I just have a hard time.) Haahaa


No comments: