Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Pendulum

Why does it seem life always goes in these wide pendulum leaps instead of just slowly changing? Either you are bored (think this summer when I had morning sickness so I didn't want to go anywhere or do anything and I had no husband to play with because he was studying OVER 24/7 for the mcat) or you are INSANELY BUSY (think right now when I work two days a week, teach piano, babysit sometimes once a week for my sister, twice a week for a friend, picked up extra shifts at work, want to bottle applesauce, and am trying to find time to train a little bit for a 5k, and actually have a husband in evenings to spend some time with, also I have a calling that I have to prepare for-no showing up and playing primary songs for me anymore, although I kinda like my new calling- and I'm desperately trying to finish Ruth's baby book before we get a new baby, not to mention Dr. appt's for this new little one).

I love being busy. I hated being bored and sick. Why can't they just overlap a little teensy bit so its not SO MUCH of a drastic change? All in all though, I love fall. I love getting back into a routine. I love the food and the leaves and the weather and the bustling spirit and the feeling of starting a new chapter in life.

I am feeling FABULOUS lately. I don't know how many of the old wives' tales are true, so whether its because this a boy, because its my second pregnancy, or just because, I have been so much less sick. I can also feel him kick and move like crazy, and last night even Sterling could feel those big kicks!!! Makes it so much more exciting and real! Oh and the other hygienist in our office that works 1 day a month said she'd cover my maternity leave---if I covered hers! She would go on maternity leave pretty much right as I would be finishing mine. Perfect planning, haahaa.

And now, for your viewing pleasure, a few photos from our Canada trip this August of Red Rock Canyon-aka, my favorite spot on earth.
red rocks are especially yummy


We put our camera on the rock-face to try and get a family photo. This was the best we got.


I think I have hiked further into the canyon that this with my siblings when I was younger, but it was late and getting chilly and we weren't really prepared in the baby department to go plunging through that. It was fun to hike as far as we did though.

No comments: