Monday, November 5, 2012

Yes, I am THAT person!

Princess of Tinsel. I used to run around with our tinsel on, but my mother didn't like it, because we had the ACTUAL tinsel-stuff. This kind, it doesn't matter so much.

I told him to smile. I don't know what happened.

My wonderful husband that maybe thinks I'm a little crazy, but is willing to drink hot chocolate, put on the Christmas music, and set up the tree for me since it is officially NOVEMBER! (Even if he did change my pandora station from Josh Groban Holiday to Il Divo Christmas. It was kinda fun.)

Ruth rang these bells ALL. EVENING. LONG.

Helping daddy by getting into ALL the boxes.


I think I mentioned that we decided to purchase a Fisher Price Little People Nativity. I am SO HAPPY that we did. Ruth LOVES it and plays with it more than anything else she has ever had. Except her bear.  


Sterling didn't want to, but I convinced him to put our tree on top of our piano. It makes it hard for him to plug and unplug it, but I don't want to spend the next two months worrying about our tree and little fingers. Ruth alone is enough, but I babysit a lot.

Does anyone have any great traditions of things they put in these? Sterling said his mom always put a little candy in them that they got each day. But these are pretty small drawers, they might fit two little tootsies. 

Sorry for the blurriness.
Now, I just need to get my stockings and put them up!!! I am so excited for them!!!!
Also, have I ever mentioned that our Christmas tree lights play music? Sterling had lights like that all growing up, and the first year we were married he spent HOURS trying to find some. Eventually we did. Ruth is enchanted, and I am so excited for kids old enough to enjoy the Christmas festivities!

Also, I had an appointment today, and while I am still under their weight scale, I am starting to steadily go up (which, I guess I wasn't at the beginning) which makes them very happy! So now I can probably stop drinking whole milk and things like that. Although maybe I should keep it up because maybe that is what is doing it for me!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I don't want to seem like a stalker... :) Since you probably don't even know I read this blog, but you can confirm that I do know Sterling!

I just wanted to say: the advent calendar, I actually put little strips of paper with "Christmasy" things to do, and since you can control the calendar, you can put more time intensive ones in the drawers for days when you'll have time. Anyway, it's a fun way to create memories (and you can probably still put a couple of tootsie rolls in there too...) :)

Lynn said...

I was just going to say the same thing as Michelle. We put little slips of paper in our advent calendar of fun or service projects we can do during the 24 days of Christmas. I have kept them all over the years too. I keep a scrapbook of all the different things we did. So fun to look back on. Especially how much those activities changed as the kids got bigger and older...and able to more bigger things.

Anyway.....I am LOVING all your Christmas decor and the spirit you brought me just reading this. Can't wait to put up ours now too! MErry Christmas!

The Haws Family said...

Hey Michelle, I do know you...kind of. Not you, but your family :). And I stalk Nate and Robyn's blog even though it's only Sterling that knows them, so its ok! Thanks for the great ideas!

Lindsey said...

That makes me want to get all of our Christmas stuff out now too! Except I don't have much energy right now...maybe in a few weeks. I'm definitely excited for fm 100 to start playing christmas music!

The Haws Family said...

Lindsey-106.5 already has christmas music!!!