Thursday, December 13, 2012

Accomplishment

(sidenote: I just looked out our porch window/doors and there are turkeys in our backyard/ditch. Pretty sweet.)

Usually I put Ruthie's hair in one little pony at the top of her head so it is out of her eyes and call it good. I've tried braiding it a few times, but her hair is really thin. Rude, I know, since I have quite thick hair and Sterling has really really thick hair...but maybe it'll thicken up. Haahaa. Anyway....because of the thinness I am kind of at a loss of how to do her hair. So I was very impressed with myself today when I actually took the time to do something different with her hair.
See?

I tried and TRIED to get her to smile and she just kept looking at me like this. So cute. Also, its weird to see her with all her hair pulled back. I'm used to it framing her face.

Dad can always pull a smile out of her. The problem was, when she did smile, she'd flop her head down on the couch...asking to be tickled. Unfortunately, not so helpful in the picture department.



Every once in a while people ask me if it is weird that my daughter has red hair. It was, for a while. Maybe I'm used to redheads since I have two sisters and several nieces and nephews who have red hair, but its not really that weird anymore. I think it'll be weird if my next baby ALSO has red hair. We'll see.  Oh yeah, and she sat on Santa's lap today and just LOOKED at him. It was hilarious. I think she couldn't get over the beard. 

1 comment:

Lindsey said...

Very cute! I wish Myah would leave anything in her hair! As soon as I start to put a clip or rubber band in, she starts pushing my hand away. Or if I'm successful in putting it in, she immediately takes it out!