Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Memorial Day, Mountain Man Style

We had a wonderful, relaxing Memorial Day in Hyrum. The kids got a horse back ride, we went up Blacksmith Fork Canyon and saw the Mountain Man Rendezvous, we went further up the canyon to a beautiful park and played and played, came home and had a DELICIOUS lunch off the grill, and then the kids played and played even more and then had more treats in the evening. Perfection.

The scouts in my parents ward put up these flags for holidays at every person's house. I love the tradition and I love seeing the flag out and waving! (That is my parents house, ps.)
Sorry for cutting you off, Jack-Jack. Ruth loved the ride! Thanks Grandpa!

My brother Wyatt and his youngest, Natalie. So sweet.


There's Jack-Jack!
And now, onto the Mountain Man Rendezvous:


 It was cold and windy, but there was some pretty neat stuff. Apparently we should have gone on Saturday though, because they had games and candy cannons. Too bad. The mountains themselves though, are absolutely STUNNING. Last Saturday Sterling and I went on a hike up the mountains with some friends. I forgot my camera, lamesauce, but it was also stunning.  It was an incredibly beautiful hike though, and I can't wait to go try it again! Those mountains are so beautiful right now though! It almost looks like we could just be mountain men up in the mountains!



Sorry, it was blurry. But here is Hailey, Cassidy, and Lindsay Ann with their beautiful parasols.
Ruthie tried on a bonnet.
I don't know who these little boys are, but they made a PERFECT picture.
Grandpa Jack, Hailey, Wyatt, Lindsay Ann, with Natalie and Jack-Jack in front.

Grandma was bouncing them too much to get a clear picture. They LOVED it.
Everyone also loved the merry-go-round. Hailey is pushing, and Cassidy is on the back. They went on it SO much that Cassidy was sick when we got home.

Blurry, but here is Ruthie on the merry-go-round. She loved it SO much, I was super surprised. She wasn't scared at all! 



All in all, it was a fabulous day. We relaxed, we played, mom grilled steaks, dad made a big pot of beans, Ruth ONLY ate watermelon, and we lazed about. My wonderful mother helped me cut off and hem three pairs of old pants (before college-days-old) into shorts for the summer, and put tucks in my capris that are always falling down. Hallelujah. And what will I do when we have to move away for medical school? I thought I should maybe buy a sewing machine, but Lindsay Ann had the wonderful idea of sending my mending home in packages. Genius. Later that night, Grandpa made his famous snow cones and the kids ate them til their lips were purple and Jack was shaking from head to toe! The only thing missing was my amazing husband--who rode his bike to work so I could drive the car up to have a wonderful day without him. Thank you, Sterling!

No comments: