Sunday, November 23, 2014

It's Beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas!!!

I've been on a pie kick, so we started a new tradition---personal pies before setting up Christmas! Ruth and Will had the greatest time with these, and I have to say, they are pretty much the perfect size for a dollop of ice cream on top and-much to my dismay-came out of the muffin tin super easy. The kids were thrilled, Sterling was excited for pie, and best of all it made the entire house smell so CHRISTMASY, it put us all right in the mood.
I didn't have enough dough to cover the tops, don't judge, haha. 
First things first, the nativity. The kids have been playing with this nonstop since we pulled it out, so I'd say its a favorite!

On to my most favorite thing: stockings! I love our stockings SO SO SO much! I love every single little thing about them!

Miss Molly Fay was there.

Ruthie got to put the star on top of the tree!

I love our little tree.
We decided not to put our little bells on the tree this year due to choking hazard and ages of our children. But Will has been carrying them around in this jar ever since--he thinks its the greatest!
The best part of the night-turning the lights off and listening to our Christmas tree. I doubted Sterling when he wanted to uphold his family's tradition and get singing lights--but they're pretty much the greatest.


Merry Christmas everyone! And Happy Thanksgiving! And welcome to the best time of the year! (even if Sterling did head out to study right after this and said "woah! It's hot out here!")

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Please please don't hate me for this, but I do quickly want to point out that whoa is spelled W H O A and not W O A H. Sorry!!!!

But that looked like a great time!!! and Mom and I went into the Book Table the other day and there were all these little kids Playmobil nativity sets and she was telling me how your kids LOVE their set so much, and I was like, I know, I know- I should buy one. But then I never do. But I feel like I should! Plus, the playmobil has another little add-on set of the wise-men and their camels which is cute.

And why were you dismayed that the pies came out of the tins easily? I don't really like fruit pies much, but they do smell good.

-Kayli (I don't feel like signing in)

Lindsey said...

Yay for Christmas! It is strange to me that it is still hot in the south! I'm freezing in Utah and you guys are still hot! I always tell Justin that I associate Christmas with cold and snow and he thinks that's weird (he lived in Texas). Good luck to you without snow, but enjoy the warmth for us!