Tuesday, August 22, 2017

A quick Russ post


Russ is 2 1/2 months old. The three month mark is coming up quick. At school drop-off yesterday we saw a tiny little 6 week old, and I could not believe how much one month makes such a difference! We are still completely in love with everything he does. He was cooing in his own little chair at dinner the other night and after every single coo the other kids would collectively saw "awwwwww". He loves being in the carrier, which makes my life so much easier for grocery shopping and school drop-offs (he is waaaay too heavy to lug around in the car seat!). He is also starting to smile! Which I have yet to catch decently on camera. 

Other than Russ, the kids are getting used to school. When I picked Will up the other day he kept pulling on my hand to show my something in his classroom. Then he walks right up to a boy, pokes him in the arm and says "Can this kid come for a play date?" It was sooo hilarious. We found out his name is Holden, but have yet to meet a parent. It made me soooo happy that he is making friends though--and unlike Ruthie he doesn't come home and list everything he has done that day, but throughout the rest of the evening something will remind him of his day and he will tell me. It's pretty cute. Like I didn't know they had music time but something reminded him of a napping song they were learning so then he was telling me all about it. Love that boy. (In other news, moody four year olds anyone?)

Molly had a really hard time going to the Y gym yesterday and I think it was because it was only her (the babies go to a different area). She's not used to that! Although she goes into nursery no problem...so hopefully she starts to like it soon. Luckily she still has Will to play on Tues/Thurs mornings. She loves to help me though and has been really happy and fun lately. She loves to explain things. You can make any statement in the world and she will go "Yeah, because...." and start chattering away. It's awesome.

Ruthie is still laying her clothes out at night and joyfully coming home to tell me about her day. She requests everything I put into her lunch (I guess lunch is a serious thing, guys) and we've actually started letting her go to bed a little later than the other kids, which is keeping bedtime a little calmer. I think she is one of about three white kids in her class, and the only redhead that several of them have seen (we've convinced her that Ariel isn't name-calling, it's just that they think she's a princess!). We are trying to get her into the 'gifted' program here, just for the extra opportunities it provides, but they say it takes until October. So we'll see if I want to make the switch then. Also-starting that girlie on piano lessons and she is stoked!








Naptime!


No comments: