Wednesday, August 30, 2017

Playing in the Rain


The other day Ruthie ran in the door from school in an absolute DOWNPOUR--South Florida style. Which is a pretty incomprehensible amount of pounding rain that even after three years, this western-er is still not used to. Since it was hot, and muggy, and no chance of swimming or playing outside for the afternoon--I had her put down her backpack and sent the kids outside to play in the rain. They ran up and down the sidewalk, laid down in the gutters, and basically had an enchanting time. This random lone slide is on the side of our house. I wish my kids were just a *bit* older and I'd be okay with them playing out there without me, since it's behind all the houses and main roads and fenced in. Really, I'm totally fine with it--I'm just not sure our neighbors would be, and that ridiculousness makes it so I have to get outside with them. So under the umbrella, Russ and I came out to watch. 





Molly went down the slide once, FLEW (due to being wet), and reopened a scab that has been reopened about sixty times now. Then she went and played in the tub instead.


Also-Ruth's school can change out recess for music/extracurricular time. I am not okay with this and plan on doing something. So I have been trying extra hard to make sure we play hard when she gets home. Usually the pool. Although, that makes dinner hard because I have no prep time. It hasn't cooled down at all (still 95 degrees over here!) so if not the pool then I usually make them go outside and ride bikes up and down the streets while I watch from our porch. I'm a good mom like that. We also started Ruthie on piano lessons--so now when she gets home from school we do chores and piano and homework. It feels oddly like my entire existence growing up. Crazy how time flies!


I have yet to catch his ADORABLE smile. But he is still a cutie pie.






That sweet boy. Oh I just LOVE him!!! 

No comments: