Tuesday, August 15, 2017

Phone Pics August 2017

This could be retitled: Baby Russ.

He's just the cutest, squishiest, best little Russ there ever was!!!


We went to a Kindergarten Kick-off Story Time at the library. Both babes fell asleep in the van and stayed asleep in the transfer to the stroller--then the librarian tried to tell me I couldn't take my stroller into the story time room. Sorry lady, but have you ever woken up TWO babies?!?! I don't think so. Haha. Nobody minded the stroller anyway, luckily, and Ruthie had a fabulous time singing songs about school buses, gluing her own school bus, and eating cupcakes!

To motivate our family to learn how to do genealogy (totally don't know anything about it, I know, I'm a horrible person) and to remind our kids that they have an entire wall of people loving them and watching out for them and hopefully to teach them a little sense of belonging and family safety-net-ness, I put up this family tree. The second to lightest blue is almost completely empty of names because Sterling's maternal grandma is a convert. So that is our family goal for this year--fill out some of those names and write them on our wall!


Those eyes. They still look so blue to me sometimes, and then sometimes very blue/grey. All my kids have had brown eyes within a couple days. So I wonder if his will permanently be more grey and less brownish?

See that blue color? His cheeks are sooo cute. And pretty much every little inch of him.


His cheeks! Sometimes they just kill me! And he's been fighting a little heat rash off and on. Poor kid. We try to keep him cool at the pool but when its so hot outside that the water is like warm soup, it's tricky.

He is so loved. And that little elbow dimple!

Where he sits to watch me make dinner. And he usually stays happy, hallelujah!


That look of adoration from Will. I just love it so much. 

A little bit of the tail-end of a smile! He started smiling a little bit here and there, and just in the last couple of days started smiling even more regularly, and I am just eating it up. It has got to be the sweetest thing ever.

More baby adoration.

We were sending daddy some lovin' while he studied. Also, I've had several conversations lately where I feel old. But..look at those wrinkles around my eyes! I AM getting old!


Just to be clear, I'm just brushing my teeth. AND THOSE CHEEKS OF HIS!
So Russ has pretty much taken my phone photos by storm. And I can't think of a better subject! He's had quite a few fussy evenings lately, and I think it's just that reflux raring its head. But for the most part he is happy and sleepy and soft and cuddly and just plain wonderful. 

2 comments:

Kayli said...

I love that first picture of you and Russ! Soo cute!

Bridget said...

His eyes! I hope they stay just as they are! I think I'm finally caught up on your blog! I adore reading it!