Sunday, October 7, 2018

Beach Day

 The last Saturday in September, I gathered up all my waning energy and headed to the beach. I am always SOOOOO grateful when I get there that I made the effort. It's beautiful and delicious and renewing and peaceful and I just love it so much. So, so much.
We got there just before 10am and the waves were HUGE and the seaweed was horrible (this fall they said its because of a current coming from somewhere, but the seaweed here is always worse than Miami because they don't do anything to clean it up because of the sea turtles, in Miami the tractors got rid of it every morning), but about an hour later the waves had calmed down and the tide had risen enough to cover most of the seaweed and it was a lot more enjoyable. Little tiny seaweed bulbs were stuck in Ruthie's hair so bad afterwards that I was seriously contemplating chopping it all off. Three washings in and we got it though. I liked the big waves---they are wild and rejuvenating.

See those waves?


Starting to "dig a hole to water".













Thank you, Mother Nature, for always being amazing.

No comments: