Saturday, October 27, 2018

For Kayli. My 5 minute make-up routine.

I had to start with this picture because I didn't want to scare anyone. This post is for you Kayli. I literally did my makeup in less than five minutes and stopped to snap a picture super fast inbetween. So real life, real time. Definitely not a selfie taker. Appreciate this.
 Straight outta the shower. I put on toner on (some cheap kind, although in college I swore by clinique's and I still love it, but I don't have a big acne problem to justify the expense now) then spf 25 cetaphil face lotion of some sort. Mostly I just shoot for the spf for the daytime while living here in FL and something that doesn't feel too heavy with that spf in it.
  In the picture above these products I've put on the face primer (I got it for free with my purchases, but I do love it) and the BB cream under my eyes, on my chin, and a little on a blemish on my nose that never goes away. Then I barely stuck that brush in the powder and smoothed it around for a couple seconds. Ha.




 In the picture above the e.l.f. blush, I added blush. Straight foward. This is not a fancy product, it was cheap off amazon.


 And obviously ( I realize it is very unobvious) I put eye shadow on. But that fancy brush below makes it take two seconds. I've always had a light color of eye shadow that I like to put on every day because otherwise I have really dark skin around my eyes and I like to brighten it.

 And this is after eye liner and mascara. I don't always do eye liner, but I usually do. This mascara, below, was a recommendation and it is the best I've ever had for the price--about $18, and since the drug store one I was using was $13, it's not that different for a big difference in application. I feel like I used to have to go over my lashes fifty times to get the same result as twice with this one.

 And with a neutral lipstick and gloss overtop. I didn't take a picture of those products. It's just clinique lipstick, color canoodle. So that tells you a lot, ha.
 And then I blow dried my hair. First I sprayed it with It's A Ten Miracle Leave-In Product that you can buy at walmart. I've liked it a lot as my hair has gotten longer. I use a different one that's heavier when my hair is short. Then for the next five days I'll use tresemme dry conditioner and not wash it. Truth. Tomorrow for church I'll probably add some beach waves that will last through most of those days. Not that it will matter, because it will be pulled back or under a hat or behind sunglasses.  Oh and on Sunday's I put eyebrow pencil on. I actually wish I did that every day, but it seems to take a long time. It actually doesn't, but I guess it's my one-step too many. On Sunday's I add darker eye shadow and lipstick. And maybe a darker blush. Maybe. Haha.

1 comment:

Kayli said...

Thank you.

I like the second picture the best.