Wednesday, October 10, 2018

General Conference Weekend

Sterling had a big test coming up, so I knew he'd be out of the picture, so I tried to plan our day in a manageable way that *might* make listening to some of conference possible. Our EST for conference is 12-2 and 4-6pm. I wanted to fill up the morning so that Russ was asleep for the 12-2, and he was, and it was magic. We also haven't done a Home Depot 1st Saturday project for a while, so the kids were really excited to go. Will was VERY excited that it was a firefighter boat.
This kid did almost all the nailing by himself, he did all the screws by himself and basically assembled all of it. I was super impressed and super grateful because it made my task of jumping in between three kids to only jumping in between two kids, and that is much easier.




Yay for a sleeping Russ! My kids put the stickers on their boats and colored and ate lunch for all of the first session. It is definitely the one I heard the most of--and it was soooooo nice.



Ruthie looks adorable here.

They all came running very excitedly to see the "prophet with Russell's name"!


Big news!!! I totally had it in my head that this was just a wild rumor, so I was very surprised that it was true!

Someday my kids will think I'm so old that I remember the 3 hr block and the old YW manuals.

Baby.

We went outside in between sessions to try and wear them out.

It was actually pretty breezy so the 90 degree weather felt okay, and the kids got their kites up without my help!



His white hair is the best.


Thanks Ruthie for the first bump pic in a long while.



The second session did not go as well. Russ was crazy. The kids never settled down. I made it about 45 minutes in before I called it quits and fed them canned chicken noodle soup and put them all to bed. Sterling almost didn't make it home in time for me to go to the little social at 7pm before Relief Society meeting, but he ended up pulling in right at 7 and I pulled out and made it. I was very glad I got to go and leave all kids behind!
Gwen and Will
On Sunday morning we had some friends from our ward come over for brunch. I made cinnamon rolls (that actually turned out beautifully!) and banana bread (in case the cinnamon rolls did not turn out) and they brought grapes and cantaloupe and we had juice---and it was delicious all around. Russ did NOT sleep through the first session this time, so I did not hear nearly as much--but the kids played exceptionally well. Gwen is quite shy so I was very happy that my kids got along so well with her and they all played so nicely! I had printed off activity packets and Ruth and Will worked on those for a LONG time so that was a big success!
More kite flying on Sunday afternoon. It was a lot muggier and not as windy, but the kids still enjoyed trying!



I really love General Conference weekend and even though Sterling was a lot busier and Russ is at a very tricky age, it was definitely a win for a weekend.

1 comment:

Kayli said...

I'm posting a comment. Your baby bump is tiny.