Thursday, October 18, 2018

Random Bits

This pic doesn't do it justice, but we've had some spectacular sunsets lately that are so VIBRANTLY orange.

Forgot that I had decided to use my bread container. Usually we put our bread in the fridge here because of humidity. Science experiment anyone?

I still think it's fun, even after almost 5 years, that we see peacocks all the time.

I took apart our piano.
I decided to buy a Christmas book of piano solos that was a little bit hard so that I could pick one and learn it for fun. Usually I just sight read whatever and never really play things perfectly. I made a goal to learn one PERFECTLY. I was very excited when the book came in the mail, sat down to try some of the songs out, and realized about SEVEN of our keys weren't working. Sigh. Life with kids. A few days later I found a minute while Russ was sleeping to unscrew all the levels and found the culprit--two large pencils laying across the back that were stopping several keys. AND A LIZARD. Good times, Florida, good times. Put it all back together, and a random f# (but an important f# for the song I was playing) was still not working. I undid the entire thing again and found TWO MORE PENCILS--I still can't believe I didn't see them the first time, because I went over everything really well, and had pulled out stickers and papers and everything and played through the keys, so I think maybe they fell more loose when I closed it up?!?--and then I finally had working keys again. Here we go Christmas--I am going to learn a song completely!
Ruthie's spelling are my favorite.
I convinced Molly to let me cut her hair. It is just so thin and scraggly and the humidity makes it go crazy curly and plastered to her head. It lays so much nicer as a bob! I told her hopefully this evens things out and it starts thickening up so after this she can start growing it, which she wants to do.



I'm always low on iron (and yes, I'm taking my pills!) which means every pregnancy I crave ice. Lately in the form of frozen hot chocolate. Yum!

Sterling studying. Every single night for eternity.

I set up a play date for Will and it rained on us. We actually played in the rain for a really long time but then we heard the thunder and lightning and had to give up.

 October family movie night of Hotel Transylvania with special Halloween doughnuts and cider. It was really fun. Doughnuts and cider is a big mission memory for Sterling so we're trying to remember to keep it a tradition in the fall time, even if it is 90 degrees outside!

Yay for friends!!!!! Jeff and Diana fit in a game night with us inbetween his away rotation in Utah and his next away rotation at Duke. I kinda miss 2nd and 3rd year when we had regular game nights with them all the time! 4th year is too too crazy. Also Diana is due about three weeks before me and I could not be MORE EXCITED for them!

My kind of crafting. Thank you, Michaels.

We had the missionaries over on Sunday and Sterling made EVERYTHING except the rolls. And luckily I doubled the recipe because we were asked the very next day to take someone a meal and voila-I already had one!

Sterling's bbq pulled pork. It was very, very tasty.

A while ago the kids were supposed to make tie dye shirts at the YMCA, but it didn't happen. There were tears. They were very sad. Sterling said we would do it at home sometime. So we finally did! Will and Ruth did theirs almost completely by themselves! And besides the multiple mosquito bites I was very annoyed about (we were outside in the evening, big mistake) we had a really great time.

Saying hi to family far away on a Sunday night.

And showing them my bump. 27 weeks. Also those are my expensive compression leggings that are basically saving my life right now. Currently they are dirty, which means I have compression tights and pants on over top and that is just unacceptable in this heat.

Her haircut looked cute.

This kid is a riot.



No comments: