Tuesday, October 23, 2018

Photo Dump-Russ Update


I think 27 weeks? I'm 29 weeks now.
I look at this picture and it just bugs me. How do I LOOK so small but all the pregnancy symptoms are so big?!?! I hate you leg cramps and varicose veins and inability to sleep and constant exhaustion and inability to breathe going upstairs. Also that varicose vein in my chest that they did an ultrasound on last pregnancy is back, and yes, it did wake me up last night because it was so painful. I hate all of you! But I am getting very, very excited for a baby. Do we really have to wait two more months?!?
How many stripes can you fit in one outfit? I don't know but I LOVE it!

I did an update on the girls, so I'll do one quick here of Russ. He is crazy. He is everywhere. He never stops. Yesterday I set him in his crib twice just to be able to breath for ten minutes and even then I am just counting down to when my luck runs out and he can crawl out of that. He is still the absolute sweetest, but he's picking up some bad habits. He likes to pick up toys, come to give them to you, but instead at the last moment huck them at your head. And he is strong. And it really, really hurts. Poor kids are really good about not getting mad at him, but they've endured a lot from him--and I know, because he does it to me too! He is also not a fan of the word 'no' at all--and if I'm holding him and he's reaching for something and I say 'no buddy' he'll pull away, look at me, and then slap at my face. Not okay, bud! He doesn't like being in the stroller anymore, but will not hold my hand while walking--he wants to walk exactly where he wants!!! If we go to a gated park he will occupy himself forEVER and it is heavenly. He can climb everything and go down everything and he drives all the other parents crazy because they think he's going to fall to his death at any second, and I am clear across the park watching from my bench, haha. Reminds me so much of Molly. Except Molly was MUCH smaller and a little more monkey-ish and sure-footed. Russ is still 'toddling' in an unstable fashion, haha. But on the UPSIDE he gives the BEST hugs and kisses. He still snuggles and he loves to bring up books to you and crawl into your lap. He doesn't actually sit and look at the book, he crawls down after one second, but it is still a cute notion. He has become ALL DADDY'S BOY and I'm a little miffed about it. When daddy is home that is the only person he wants. Daddy can rock him to sleep. Daddy can change his diaper (which is almost a physical impossibility lately, if I can I wait for Ruth to come home to hold his hands down for me, he is that crazy). Daddy can feed him. I have to admit, it's pretty special and adorable to see. Russ is also a great helper. He throws his own diapers in the garbage (and anything else--we have to keep an eye out, yesterday a clean tshirt was in the garbage), he will put away toys if directed and put away bowls that he pulls out. He often pulls out his shoes and brings me my shoes and then goes and points at the door. It's just the cutest thing in the world. He is squishy and soft and even if he is a little madman, the whole family still adores him and he still gets everyone to laugh every day and oh my goodness we just LOVE HIM!






Those freckles. Those sweet eyes.


The other day after church Molly put this outfit on and she just looked so perfectly angelic and perfectly four! Why can't I stop my kids from getting bigger?!?!?

No comments: