Wednesday, September 10, 2008

September 10th

Before I talk about clinic today...I want to rewind to Monday. I forgot to say anything about taking blood pressure! It was lots of fun. I like having mine taken, and I did pretty well...for the most part. My blood pressure was low, most of my readings were somewhere between 104-110 over 64-72. Since we'll probably practice a lot, I'll be able to see if it stays there consistently.

On to today. Today's clinic was TONS of fun. We were learning how to do extra-oral examinations, which means feeling all of the sinuses, muscles, and nodes for lumps or bumps that are abnormal. Once I knew where all the nodes, sinuses, and muscles were, it was just fun to feel around and get to know the body a little more. My partner got to feel my TMJ and how out of place it is when I open and close. They discussed how they would chart a patient like me---with multiple popping and clickings. Haahaa. After that we tried to learn how to use the mirror to reflect the images we can't see, so that we aren't stooping over while we work. It was a little tricky, but fun. All in all, it was a really great clinic day, and now I better go ride my bike home before it starts raining on me.

No comments: