Wednesday, January 21, 2009

1-21-09

Clinic was fabulous today, I was slow and I didn't accomplish nearly enough for a 1B patient. BUT....it just felt good to know what I was doing, know what came next, and be confident in what I was doing. I have done the first half of an appointment with three patients now, and starting next week I'll finish three patients(almost, some might need three appointments) which means then maybe I'll be comfortable with that half of the appointment! The only lousy thing was the digital xray machine stopped working. Just for me. The picture wouldn't show up on the computer, and no one could figure out why, so I ended up using phosphur plates...which I love. I wish we didn't have requirements on xrays and we could take what we wanted. If wishes were fishes. But I only had one retake, which was pretty good since I was a little unsure about where the plate was. My patient was fabulous, her teeth were fabulous, her gums were fabulous, and she even helped me out with charting....so why I didn't get further than OHI I really have no excuse. I could've scaled a quad, but I decided not to, in favor of getting all my paperwork done and turned in on time. So I feel good about today, just a little lax. Too bad my class 2's are coming back! haahaa

1 comment:

Den said...

Nice job Lindsay! I totally agree that it is nice to finally feel a little more comfortable with the whole treatment/appointment process. I'm pretty sure we're all still too slow, I know I am but we'll get there. At least we're starting to resemble real hygienists and we're getting some good work done.