Monday, January 26, 2009

1-26-09

I had a recall class 2 pt today and I did her as an exam because I didn't finish OD last time, and she is my second class 2 pt, so I kinda had to. It was a little stressful to have her as an exam, just because it made me worry about my time a lot more. But I already knew and had scheduled her for three appointments, because we took so long going over health history her first appointment. So I full mouth probed and did ultra sonic and hand probe for UL and UR. She was bleeding like crazy and I still can't get the smell out of my nose...but I continually talked to her about why it was bleeding, and how it would be sore, but how it was really clean now, and if she kept it that way, within a couple weeks to a month, she wouldn't have bleeding when she brushed her teeth. It was amazing actually, to watch the calculus and plaque deposits fall off, and it was fun to see her feeling her teeth with her tongue and tell me how great it felt! So even though I only finished half her mouth, I had no deposits for my scale checks, and I definitely think that is worth something. All in all, I'm starting to feel okay about this----oh yeah, and charting was a pain because she had three bridges, several gold crowns, and things like that so it took awhile, but I felt like I knew what I was doing, it just took me a minute. Oh yeah, and she had two seven mm pockets!!!! Talk about being excited when I had probed those correctly!

1 comment:

Megan said...

Are you a vampire??? You can smell the blood??? HAHAA - sounds like you did great. See you Sunday.