Sunday, January 18, 2009

Musings

I step outside, to moments feared
Embracing life's defeating tears.
The moments fly, fear turns to calm
Freedom and faith become my balm.
Await the struggles, to me thrown
A choice is made, my courage known.
Foundation strong and sure in Christ,
Humbled, I lean on Him for might.
I know He lives, He leads me true
And with that thought, my terror flew.
A cheerful heart, a song of praise
My laughter floats, I stand amazed.
I struggle on, a human prey
What once was black, has turned to gray.
My spirit soars, even though 'tis hard
When trials come, He stands on guard.
Human frailties, god-like expound
Mistakes made in eternal round.
But always moving, forward press
And Satan's grasp I do resist.
Careworn, tired, weary soul
Is edified by God alone.
Such joy, such love, such happiness
To think-He's chosen me to bless!

1 comment:

Aleesha Burke said...

Did you write this? It is beautiful. I loved it!!! I love you!