Saturday, January 31, 2009

Special Olympics

I had a fabulous time last night helping out with the Special Olympics. Partly relief of having another test finished and behind me, but mostly it was just dang fun!!! We started out with dinner, then had the welcoming ceremony with the flag, the national anthem, the lighting of the torch, and lots and lots of cheering and dancing! It was just exciting to see their excitement and happiness. Then...we danced!!!!! Now, I can't think of anything I'd rather volunteer for, than DANCING! And man, there were some pretty skilled dancers out there! Some even liked to dance with two girls at the same time....can't say I blame them! Haahaa. I danced with a kid and sang the entire time because it was "A Whole New World" he just joined right in and we sang the entire dance. Loved it. My friend Billy was official photographer, but he made it around to dance a couple dances with me, which made the night absolutely perfect. I also saw Morgan, a good friend(kinda, more like a good acquaintance that I really connect with???!?!!!) from my MCHS days was there and I had a fabulous time catching up with her and a great discussion. Oh and the mayor came and addressed us, I found that super fun and interesting, and I loved watching his kids and especially his little boy--who high-fived everyone who walked by! If only I had the time...I wish they had volunteering parties with the special olympics kids every week!

No comments: