Sunday, January 18, 2009

My Dad loves Me

So, on Saturday I went to breakfast with a couple of my sisters, my sister-in-law and my parents for my sister Andrea's 30th birthday!!!!! We had a fabulous time, and afterwards my parents and I went to SLC. All dad had told me was that it was a surprise for mom, and since it is her birthday I figured we were doing something fun for her. We get to A. A. Callister in SLC and walk in, and I'm thinking this is pretty cool and then dad turns to me and says "I heard you wanted some boots for your birthday, here ya go." !?!?!!?!?!?!?!!!!!! I was so INCREDIBLY excited!
I spent a couple hours trying on boots. My dilemma was the fact that I love lace-ups. I remember when I was in 2nd grade we lived in Des Lacs, North Dakota (and only about 25 people have ever heard of it, let alone lived there, so don't feel like you should know) and he took me to a leather store, and we picked out the tiniest little lace-ups they had, and I remember the smell of leather and feeling like my dad had just given me the world! I think Cowen, my nephew, has those boots now...so the legacy continues! Then, I got another pair of lace-ups in about fifth grade. I think those have been bequeathed to Megan's children now, and from there I just wore hand-me-downs, finally growing into a pair of red lace-ups that used to be my mom's. These red lace-ups and I have had some fabulous times, and I have really come to love lace-ups.

I tried on a pair of boots, and it just wasn't my comfort zone, so I went back to trying on lace-ups. There was some really cute ones, and then I tried on a pair of Ariats, and I knew I loved that pair. Then dad handed me a pair of boots to try on, and I was thinking I wouldn't like them that much because they weren't lace-ups, and I fell in love. But it was a tortured love, because I didn't really like the color. It was a pale brown leather on the bottom and the boot was a minty green. Not that you see that color with your pant legs down, but still. So I continued trying on the Ariat lace-ups and walking around.

In the meantime Dad kept putting in factors about the boot that were favorable, like the size of their heel. "Perfect heel for riding." "Perfect height for riding." "Good for walking because of the sole, but enough of a boot to be dually compatible." Etc, etc.

Then my mother, who is a genius above all geniuses, and who understood my conundrum, decided to ask if it came in any other colors. It came in RED. If you know me, you know my fixation....or rather, obsession, with red. We ordered them. And I am ECSTATIC to get them!!! As we were leaving Dad said "Every girl needs a pair of red boots." I quite agree.

So basically I feel spoiled rotten and like I'm floating on cloud nine all at the same time. My parents are phenomenal. Besides getting boots, I got to spend the entire morning with them, and it was fun and refreshing. Sometimes I forget how hilarious they are in every little minute detail of life. Love it. Love them. And love my boots. This is from a girl who is so completely satisfied with life that something terrible has to happen soon because I swear this isn't possible!

5 comments:

Brooke said...

That is awesome Lindsay!! I got boots for Christmas and I love them too!! I didn't know that I could love Cowboy boots but I do!

Megan said...

You are a nerd if you know a word like conundrum!!!! HEHEEE - That is cool about the boots!! I can't wait to see them! Breakfast was fun - it was great to see you!! Love you.

Rockelle said...

where is the picture of the boots?

Aleesha Burke said...

Lindsay, I don't think you will ever say those last words again... Although it is exciting about your red boots. :)

The Haws Family said...

Yeah I pretty much asked for it....and I didn't even know it! How completely and utterly rude. Well....around $1200 later,and a few emotional breakdowns, I suppose I still am pretty much happy. :)