Sunday, January 4, 2009

New Years Eve

So..as aggravating as not having my sweet, new pictures to post, I still want to post about my awesome New Years Eve. Started out fantabulously because Aleesha was back in Utah!!!! She was one of the fam once again, and we initiated the reunion by fire...we had her in the thick of a rook tournament. We lost. But we did make some major comebacks, at least we didn't lose in the negative numbers!!!! It was so much fun, it brought back memories of Aunt Melodies house, kids running everywhere, adults trying to get rid of as many kids as possible, older children getting up to no good....wait, I was once one of those running-wild children! Crazy how fast time flies! Luckily, there were actually NO MAJOR ILLNESSES going on in the midst of this Rasmussen chaos. I think its a first that we've had that many of us together and not caught some sort of flu. It was just a super fun night. The two-hour talk in Aleesha's car was also muchly appreciated. Amazing all the life lessons people learn and grow from! Tomorrow, I start another semester. Starting strong and happy and excited to finish it! I'm NOT AT ALL excited about the thought of having to get patients, but so far I have Lindsay Ann as my returning patient on Wednesday and I actually have two patients scheduled next week, so hey, even if I have no idea what I'm doing, I think its going okay! Haahaa...just kidding, if you're ever my patient, I know exactly what I'm doing! I think I"m excited for the end of this semester cause I feel like I might actually know a little bit about what exactly I got myself into by then! Plus, I get my braces off! There's just no downers for this semester. Kayli, you rock my socks. Kammers, thanks for the phone call, Lindsay Ann, I'm glad you joined the world of bloggers and thanks for the cookie, you're the best sister-in-law that lives in Utah ever! Good night all!

1 comment:

Aleesha Burke said...

It was your car that we sat in for two hours. I quite enjoyed it though even if my feet were freezing and I had to go to the bathroom really bad. Remember when that deer snuck up on us and scared me and when the red bow on the lamp started blowing in the wind making the shadows move and we couldn't figure it out for the longest time? hahaha good times. I enjoyed being a part of your family again. Reminded me of old times. I love it. :)