Friday, October 12, 2012

Chillin' Kind of a Day

This week has been really busy. REALLY busy. Between babysitting and working and babysitting, and piano lessons, I've hardly had a minute with just Ruth. So today I decided to just chill. And yes, my bathroom needs cleaned, and the fridge needs cleaned out, and Ruth just spilled juice so I need to mop the kitchen floor. But I've already bought groceries at Macey's, bought diapers and other big items at Sam's, and babysat this morning, so I'd say thats quite good. Some thoughts:

-Why did Sam's Club change the shape of the box that their wipes come in? Its long and awkward and it doesn't fit in the closet the same way the old, compact one did. How rude.

-Today I am wearing maternity clothes. They are much too big. But they feel wonderfully comfortable.

-Taking 2 one-year-olds to Sam's Club is good until they start fighting over who gets to hold which strap in the cart. Nice.

-I want to spend $80 on kids books. I have them all in the cart online. Ahhh....so tempting.

-It is a dreary, chilly day outside. I like it, but I know that all too soon I will be wishing for sun. I was, however, ready for the drop in temperature.

-The new oblong box of wipes is perfect for Ruth to pretend to ride though, so maybe it won't end up in the closet after all.

-I've been searching online for a taco soup recipe that resembles one that was brought to us when Ruth was born. I've discovered that there are a thousand ways to make taco soup, and I'd probably be better off just putting in what I remember from the soup and seeing how it turns out.

-Why do disney dvd's cost so much? I wanted to do it as a stocking stuffer for each of us--and then have them for our kids. That would pretty much cover our entire Christmas budget...and thats amazon prices.

-Ruth and I discovered the disney song station on pandora. I really love it. I haven't had any repeats, and it even has new songs that I don't know that well--like Tangled.

-I really like October.

Ciao.



5 comments:

Kayli said...

What kids books??? I want a list of them all!

I have a good taco soup recipe that my friend made and it's about the easiest thing in the world--

1 lb hamburger
1 can kidney beans
1 can tomato sauce
1 can corn
1 can diced tomatoes
1 package taco seasoning
1 1/2 cups water.

Serve over frito chips and top with cheese.

The Haws Family said...

Sweet. I basically did that about but our diced tomatoes had green chiles and I added a chili blend seasoning and some ranch seasoning-instead of taco. I bought the fritos though, and I'm super excited ---haahaa, some things that are a 'treat' just never get old! Thanks for the recipe, I'll have to print it off so I have a staple to look at!

The books are a bunch of board books, like Barnyard Dance, Mr. Brown Can Moo, Can You? , Are you my mother?, a couple other Sandra Boynton, randomly the Five Chinese Brothers (its just classic, when I saw it I wanted it SOOO bad!), Brown Bear, Brown Bear, What Do You See?, and then a couple Disney cd's with basic children's songs on them. I bought a couple board books for Ruth when she was born, but she's really starting to like carrying them around and she rips the pages of real books...so I decided this Christmas board books would be PERFECT. (Plus, they'll last forever, right? Haahaa)

The Haws Family said...

Sterling will never let me spend that much on books though. So we'll see what I actually purchase for Christmas :)

The Haws Family said...

Oh, and I think in the taco soup that was brought to us she must have had vegetable soup in it. Without the beef. Cause there were little potatoes and green beans and everything was canned-soup looking. But I didn't want to mix the kinds of beef...haahaa, so maybe next time I will remember to buy just plain vegetable soup and try adding it in.

Anonymous said...

I understand completely what you mean about books costing a fortune.. Try building up your classroom library as a broke "almost" teacher... Super fun...
Also, I've been thinking about taco soup since I woke up this morning... it sounds so good on this cold and cloudy day..