Thursday, October 25, 2012

Winter by Storm

Ruthie was in LOVE with the snow. Not that I was there to see her first reaction. No, I was stuck in Weber Canyon for THREE HOURS. Yeah. Apparently there was a major accident. And since it is the lovely Weber Canyon, there was no way to turn around, take a different exit, or anything pleasant like that. I left my house at 5:30am to teach piano. As I headed down the 89, I thought things were a bit sketchy to be driving in, but the mouth of the canyon is always REALLY windy and especially bad, so I figured once I got past that I'd be good. I sat in my car, in park, listening to the radio for three hours, watching people occasionally get out of their cars, swipe off snow, and get back in. For the record radio station, I think we should listen to Christmas music year-round. Maybe I should have called in.  I survived on pretzels, water, and the candy bars that are supposed to be prizes for piano lessons.  It was a long three hours. Made longer by the pregnancy symptom of having to use the bathroom ALL THE TIME. Sterling offered several not-so-helpful suggestions via texts. My mom said I should've opened both doors and gone in-between. Only, it was blizzarding. That would have been quite the chilly experience. Haahaa. And welcome to WINTER!!!

1 comment:

Megan said...

Yes I am sooooooo sorrrryyyyy - thanks for being an awesome piano teacher though!!!