Thursday, June 6, 2013

We're So Glad When Daddy Comes Home...

My mom called me last night, just to check up on me. That hasn't happened in AGES. Usually I call her. Several times a day. Mostly to ask her simple questions that require her great wisdom and knowledge. Often to figure out our schedules. And sometimes just to chat. Especially when Sterling works A LOT. Like the last two weeks. He pulled almost nine days in a row working BOTH jobs. Meaning he leaves at 7:30am and doesn't get home until 10:30pm. Yeah. No fun.

But THEN those nine days ended and we had FOUR blissful days of Sterling only working ONE job in the morning, so he had afternoons and evenings completely free to spend with us. So mom, I am alive, I'm just SOAKIN' in the husband.  I tell ya, its the first time I feel like I've gotten some real honey time with my husband since...I don't know, organic chemistry a year ago???? Anyway. Here is what happiness occurs around our place when daddy comes home:


He taught her ring-around-the-rosies. She made him play it fifty times and still wanted more. She'd even fold her arms and say 'please' in the sweetest little way. :)
We all fall down!




Run away from daddy! 
He came out from behind her and scared her so good that she plopped right onto her bum! 
Running back to scare him.





I can't get enough of how happy those two are to see each other more. Ruth won't even let me get her out of her crib anymore, she insists on her daddy. I love it. And I love them. Nicest four days we've had around here in a long time.

3 comments:

Bridget said...

Loving the pjs! Cutest little girl ever!!

Anonymous said...

Ah sweet!

Kami

Sara said...

Daddies are so wonderful! I don't know how you do it when he's gone so much. Our house fell apart when Eric was gone for four days on a business trip. :P (Here's hoping future trips get easier. ha)