Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Day of Family

Today was the Day of the Family in clinic. I had my sister bring in her kids this morning, so I could finish off my children requirements. I cleaned Lynnaea, but a couple other girls took the other three kids, and I had already cleaned Anders awhile ago, so he chilled. I made Myles chew on wax and spit for five minutes so I could do a Caries Risk Assessment on him. It was great. He didn't really get it at first, but when he did he says "It's really hard not to swallow your spit and remember to spit it out" Yeah...I had to do it too. But he was fantastic and got a nice little cup of spit for me. So a couple more PE's and requirements passed off!

In the afternoon Brandon, who is Sterling's older brother, came in for a cleaning. I was expecting Jess, his girlfriend--but apparently they switched it up on me. He was a great patient. At the very beginning I started explaining what the probe was for, and he told me he didn't really care to know...then I started, and he changed his mind, and asked questions throughout the entire appointment. Some I actually had to think about, because I'm used to just reciting simple explanation to patients. Haahaa. He was a great patient, and I am really glad he came in for me.

One more clinic at the VA, and one more clinic at WSU, and I have no more clinic days! 16 Days until graduation!!!!

1 comment:

Kayli said...

yay for graduating!!