Friday, April 16, 2010

First Time Flying Kites

I took the only final I had this morning...cleaned out all my instruments from clinic....had a meeting with my professor and found out I had two A minuses (for lame reasons, but I'll stick with an A- cause I can still graduate with that) and walked out of that building for one of the very last times! I have to go back for a check-out on Monday, but really, I am FINISHED!!!!!
And PS My professor said she felt bad giving me an A- because I had 86 EXTRA QUADS over and beyond the requirements. Which means I saw 21.5 extra patients. She said she'd frame it on the wall because she thought it was so impressive. Which ALSO reminds me, our professor that is over our thesis gave us our final copy back that she finished reviewing and she said it was "an impressive paper and she would be proud to sign it". Oh happy day.

Sterling also gave his last big presentation in his communications class, and now he has two really easy tests left, so...we decided to go fly a kite. The best wedding present we've used so far!

Sterling got even more excited when he found out it was my VERY FIRST TIME!

Sterling is whistling while he puts it all together.
A close-up of our kite, Gilbert. We called him Gills for short.

Getting it ready......

This is our kite in the air. I don't know why the sky turned white.

My very good-looking husband with the kite in the air.

My very first time with the kite in the air!!!!!

And then I smiled pretty for the camera...

A closer-up of my good-looking husband. He had that kite up there for a long time...

Then I switched to bubbles. I had to blow a little bit, but usually the wind did the work for me...


These are some pretty flowers we saw at the park. I love Spring!

I tried to kiss them, but the ground was too hard for me.

We had issues trying to get a picture of us together, because of our height difference and trying to hold the camera...and my face has finals-week-break-out, but I thought I'd post it anyway.


1 comment:

Heather and Jake said...

Oh my goodness I love flying kites!!! You two are adorable :)